News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

flutas

For the people who wonder how WDW would/should deal with children under 12 not being vaccinated and masks, they can do what Dollywood is doing:

Our revised policy now allows fully vaccinated guests and guests aged 12 and under to visit Dollywood Parks & Resorts without wearing a mask or physically distancing (both indoors or outdoors).

Masks are required for non-vaccinated guests older than age of 12 in all indoor areas and remain optional in outdoor areas where social distancing can be maintained.

Simple!
Same for Silver Dollar City, but not surprising as they are owned by the same company.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Looks like they also removed the word "temporary" in "temporary adjustments."

Here is the wording change on the website -

Before -

"Temporary adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing. While we will reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach, six-feet distancing measures will continue in all dining locations, merchandise stores and in areas where Guests can temporarily remove their masks."

Now -

"Adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing for Guests. These measures will be reduced in a gradual, phased approach."

Disney Glimpses

Here is the wording change on the website -

Before -

"Temporary adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing. While we will reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach, six-feet distancing measures will continue in all dining locations, merchandise stores and in areas where Guests can temporarily remove their masks."

Now -

"Adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing for Guests. These measures will be reduced in a gradual, phased approach."
Thanks, so the wording is actually a bit softer.

dreday3

I can't see them keeping masks outside for 12 and under much longer or even inside and start using the "honor' system.
Unless...they wouldn't actually be waiting to drop the rest of the mask and distancing requirements in order to use it as a "bonus" for the 50th in October, would they? :D

Part of our 50th Extravaganza, no masks!

(j/k)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep. Until we could discover a vaccine. Have you heard the good news?

Very few children die of covid. Fewer than flu. So the people dying of it now have not gotten the vaccine for various reasons. We don’t wear masks for people who don’t get flu shots and die of the flu. It’s their right to take the risk. And yes, I understand the immunocompromised. They don’t get flu shots either and adapt their behavior to cope with their condition.

The issue with a few more weeks of masking is that we need people to take public health officials seriously moving forward. The CDC has damaged trust in the Center. And I’m pro-science. They’ve made serious errors.

Wait...is this your heel turn? Since when are you devolving into flu comparisons?

LMAO at people STILL comparing this virus to the flu!

Yep...hard one to take, huh?

in an unrelated story...the cdc today issued a recommendation for 12-17 based on an elevated number of hospitalizations from known covid infections.

not the flu.

we all want normal...stay the course. Stop pitching fits and demanding it TODAY.

...this really comes back to people expecting Disney was gonna hold a mask burning party outside the magic kingdom tomorrow morning...I’m gonna guess.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Wait...is this your heel turn? Since when are you devolving into flu comparisons?

Yep...hard one to take, huh?

in an unrelated story...the cdc today issued a recommendation for 12-17 based on an elevated number of hospitalizations from known covid infections.

not the flu.

we all want normal...stay the course. Stop pitching fits and demanding it TODAY.

...this really comes back to people expecting Disney was gonna hold a mask burning party outside the magic kingdom tomorrow morning...I’m gonna guess.
Reasonable expectation given their direct competitor down the road is maskless for a vaccinated in all areas, no?

Disney Glimpses

Their study ended six weeks ago (where the graph is highlighted). In those subsequent six weeks, hospitalizations have decreased week over week. And we're talking double digit numbers out of tens of millions of children.

I urge you to review the flu hospitalization numbers in this cohort (it is roughly 5 times higher than what we are seeing with COVID-19).

So you're right, it's "not the flu." For kids, it's much more mild than the flu.

Don't just take my word for it, the CDC says so as well: "The risk of complications for healthy children is higher for flu compared to COVID-19."

1622836858435.png

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

Groan.

Why don’t we shift gears and complain about the new Spider-Man ride?
Sorry, it is incredibly frustrating for people to talk so matter a factly about something with nothing provided to support it. The fact is, every state in this country (with the exception of one) allows vaccinated people to resume life without masks. Most people are back to normal, until you step foot on Walt Disney World property. Don't get me wrong, Disney is a busy place, but them standing alone with an indoor mask mandate has no effect whatsoever on this pandemic.

ToTBellHop

Sorry, it is incredibly frustrating for people to talk so matter a factly about something with nothing provided to support it. The fact is, every state in this country (with the exception of one) allows vaccinated people to resume life without masks. Most people are back to normal, until you step foot on Walt Disney World property.
I am right there with you. But this is exhausting. Disney will shift when they shift and conversations have been occurring this week. So it may take a bit longer but not that long.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Their study ended six weeks ago (where the graph is highlighted). In those subsequent six weeks, hospitalizations have decreased week over week. And we're talking double digit numbers out of tens of millions of children.

I urge you to review the flu hospitalization numbers in this cohort (it is roughly 5 times higher than what we are seeing with COVID-19).

So you're right, it's "not the flu." For kids, it's much more mild than the flu.

Don't just take my word for it, the CDC says so as well: "The risk of complications for healthy children is higher for flu compared to COVID-19."

View attachment 561949

They’re just saying get them vaxxed because of the potential of elevated severity...

arms out.

it’s also common sense...not diversionary political BS

probably not a good use of your “parse points” on this...

Disney Glimpses

I am right there with you. But this is exhausting. Disney will shift when they shift and conversations have been occurring this week. So it may take a bit longer but not that long.
Yeah, I get that. And I also get that they didn't want to do what Universal did (out of the blue before it was really accepted everywhere). But they would be literally last not just in theme parks but all large scale business in removing mandates. No one serious is going to criticize them.

Disney Glimpses

They’re just saying get them vaxxed because of the potential of elevated severity...

arms out.

it’s also common sense...not diversionary political BS

probably not a good use of your “parse points” on this...
I'm not advocating for kids to not get vaccinated. Vaccines should be made available to everyone. But we should continue to resume normal life while we do that since the risk while 'elevated' is still incredibly low.

ToTBellHop

Yeah, I get that. And I also get that they didn't want to do what Universal did. But they would be literally last not just in theme parks but all large scale business in removing mandates. No one serious is going to criticize them.
Given the CDC Director’s statement, I would not be surprised if they want to wait a week or two for the CDC to say kids can go maskless in schools. If that’s okay, they can be maskless everywhere. Wait for the CDC or risk ing off the Karens.

CatesMom

Sorry, it is incredibly frustrating for people to talk so matter a factly about something with nothing provided to support it. The fact is, every state in this country (with the exception of one) allows vaccinated people to resume life without masks. Most people are back to normal, until you step foot on Walt Disney World property. Don't get me wrong, Disney is a busy place, but them standing alone with an indoor mask mandate has no effect whatsoever on this pandemic.
While mask mandates may be dropping away, many places are far from being mask-free zones. Here in Virginia, most businesses still require them, and even places that have relaxed standards to "masks encouraged for the unvaccinated" still see most patrons masked up. Vaccine rates are high here, so its a predominantly vaccinated crowd following the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom