News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripken10

No way. To conclude that you have any idea what that number is, is irresponsible. You have to blanket it based on assumed infection rates. The assumed infection rate by the cdc was 30-35% meaning if you blanket that against the population, against the non vaccinated you could extrapolate 15-18% as the most likely naturally immune rate for the non vaccinated scientifically, however it’s an impossible number to gauge. But statistically it’s much more likely to be over 10 than under.
You are making too many assumptions, most specifically about how long one is immune. This is why you will not find any expert that factors naturally immunity in. "Most likely" is an assumption you are making.

DisneyCane

It isn't enough to wear a mask on your own. It's a collective effort, and if the people around you aren't either vaccinated or taking the proper precautions (masks, distancing, etc.) you're still at risk. Unfortunately in this situation, I think the safest bet for unvaxxed immunocompromised people is to avoid Disney and large crowds in general. Even the vaccination rates in OC don't mean much since so many guests are coming in from out of state.
If you wear a properly fitted N95 respirator then masking on your own should be enough to protect yourself. Especially in normal, non-medical, situations.

ColeTrain04

It isn't enough to wear a mask on your own. It's a collective effort, and if the people around you aren't either vaccinated or taking the proper precautions (masks, distancing, etc.) you're still at risk. Unfortunately in this situation, I think the safest bet for unvaxxed immunocompromised people is to avoid Disney and large crowds in general. Even the vaccination rates in OC don't mean much since so many guests are coming in from out of state.
I agree 100%. Which is why I said take risks as you see the need to. Truth is though immune compromised people are a very small minority of the population. Which is why it makes zero sense to build safety measures around them. I feel I can say that given my situation.

bdearl41

You are making too many assumptions, most specifically about how long one is immune. This is why you will not find any expert that factors naturally immunity in. "Most likely" is an assumption you are making.
All I know is the rate of reinfection has hovered around .065. Now once you’ve had a virus you have tcells and while antibodies reduce T cells stay in place.

twebber55

All I know is the rate of reinfection has hovered around .065. Now once you’ve had a virus you have tcells and while antibodies reduce T cells stay in place.
yeah i read an article from a doctor at Johns Hopkins saying he was really frustrated with the CDC because this would be the first time we haven't counted natural immunity into our numbers to reach herd immunity...certainly the numbers back it up that almost everyone who has had it have not been reinfected

edit: Dr Marty Makary is the professor from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
also Monica Gandhi ( a great twitter follow on all things covid) has talked extensively on t cells

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney masks are already half off on their web site. Personally I think Disney was caught off guard with this as they expected masks until the end of the year and now have an abundance of them that they need to unload ASAP.

apparently they are by and large “caught off guard” on how to get their operations back up as well...

can’t blame them...wasn’t like there was a year advance notice or anything 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom