News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

I'm not so sure about this. They now have the CDC largely advocating for the elimination of outdoor mask usage. Having to wear a mask in the Florida summer heat is going to be a deal breaker for some people and the elimination of the outdoor mask policy very well could result in more bookings.

It may be administratively inconvenient, but if the flip side is higher attendance I imagine they will do it.

I have a trip planned at the end of July and I would be very surprised if I'm required to wear a mask outdoors.
Outdoor maskless (with other people around) for non vaccinated individuals still hasn’t been officially approved.
1621014705741.png

BaconPancakes

It'll be really interesting to see if cases spike again because the folks who don't want to wear masks are also the same people who don't want to get vaccinated. Guess I'll check back in in 2-4 weeks.
At this point if someone is unvaccinated by choice and gets Covid I have zero sympathy. Also they’ve found that getting Covid causes ED so have fun with that. Lol

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It'll be really interesting to see if cases spike again because the folks who don't want to wear masks are also the same people who don't want to get vaccinated. Guess I'll check back in in 2-4 weeks.
If it does then I wonder if restrictions will come back

if it doesn’t then I wonder if restrictions were needed

orky8

It will be interesting to see. Maybe it will spike, though based on what's happened in states the removed mask mandates previously, maybe it won't. I think there will be some flares, with the location unpredictable, but largely due to vaccines, there won't be any huge spike. Based on my personal anecdotal observations, the people who won't get the vaccine are the same people who never really wore a mask all along.

Regardless our healthcare system can handle it and whatever happens to those people is a result of the choice they made not to get vaccinated (with the exception of children, who thankfully seem to be at very low risk).

ToTBellHop

Outdoor maskless (with other people around) for non vaccinated individuals still hasn’t been officially approved.
View attachment 557490
Look at the top two. If outdoors is still distanced and you are with your family, which Disney will recommend, you can go maskless. You are literally walking or wheelchair rolling outdoors with members of your family. Queues are gatherings. Mask will go up.

disneygeek90

Look at the top two. If outdoors is still distanced and you are with your family, which Disney will recommend, you can go maskless. You are literally walking or wheelchair rolling outdoors with members of your family. Queues are gatherings. Mask will go up.
I guess it depends on what a "small family gathering" means in relation to the parks. It would be interesting to see where the CDC would place theme parks specifically on the chart if they added it to the list.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I guess it depends on what a "small family gathering" means in relation to the parks. It would be interesting to see where the CDC would place theme parks specifically on the chart if they added it to the list.
I would guess "crowded outdoor event," but maybe the 3 feet of distancing gets around that.

ToTBellHop

No different than a beach. No masks there this summer, either. “Crowded outdoor events” don’t have distancing. That’s why a filled stadium is frowned upon. Fauci has no issue with a stadium at 35% capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom