News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Bureaucracy.

Chapek tells WDW leadership to do this. They tell their underlings to make a plan, which they then work on in committee and present to leadership, who then suggest updates. Then the whole thing goes to other committees with multiple levels of approval. Then they have to actually roll-out. Multiple levels of approval there. Alert marketing. Multiple levels of approval.

Universal is just like, “make a sign and put up 500 of them. Update the website.” And it’s done.
I'm certain the underlings already had a plan. "If/when the CDC says X, we deploy Y."

FormerMember

Yes, but executing it on an accelerated time table will cause sleepless nights. I presume we will get concrete details in the next couple weeks.
Strange though, I know WDW is basically a country. But Hershey Park literally announced it same day. Waiting a couple weeks just to hear WDW plans seems excessive, even for them.

ToTBellHop

Strange though, I know WDW is basically a country. But Hershey Park literally announced it same day. Waiting a couple weeks just to hear WDW plans seems excessive, even for them.
They’ll wait until it is completely planned out and signage printed. Hersheypark has no issue with signage today saying “masks required” while people just don’t wear them. They’ll get to the signs eventually. They weren’t really enforcing the mask rule last summer, even.

FormerMember

They’ll wait until it is completely planned out and signage printed. Hersheypark has no issue with signage today saying “masks required” while people just don’t wear them. They’ll get to the signs eventually. They weren’t really enforcing the mask rule last summer, even.
Fair.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

nope...they were not. My biggest regret of covid was going there on faith around Labor Day...when cases were “low”...

regretted it and got out of their fast.

correcaminos

I didn't think about this but it makes perfect sense. I would hope that people visiting would adhere to the rules and not treat the workers with negativity, but you know what they say about hope in one hand...
Why do you think they rolled back on the selfie mask rule.....

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
A part of me wishes the mask mandate would last until June 6th (my trip is June 1-5) for crowd purposes, plus I got us all matching masks.

but another part of me would love to be able to breathe in the heat and just put our matching masks on for photos.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A part of me wishes the mask mandate would last until June 6th (my trip is June 1-5) for crowd purposes, plus I got us all matching masks.

but another part of me would love to be able to breathe in the heat and just put our matching masks on for photos.

I don’t think there will be a rush on the place JUST because the masks are dropped.

don’t get me wrong...that will move the bar...but let’s not forget:

1. they’re still restricting park accsss
2. They’re still charging retail...which has been inflated by design for over a decade.
3. They aren’t selling passes...an insult to their most loyal consistent customers
4. Still don’t have the hotels open...about 60% now or so...
5. Still haven’t opened the majority of restaurants
6. Still haven’t added back the high profile daily stuff

I loved it because attendance was light...I’m not a parade or firework nut...nothing major to draw for rides...and I’m used to the sticker prices...

but I’m not that “normal”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom