News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Posted in the other COVID thread, but here's his interview on CNBC with this about masks -

Chapek - "There's going to be a lot more comfortable people this summer in Orlando, you can only imagine what it would be like in 95 degrees and 95% humidity wearing a mask so we're thrilled to be able to do that"

"In relatively short order you're going to see our attendance go up significantly"

ToTBellHop

I’ve been alerted that this evening, management at WDW have been instructed to update mask guidance “as expeditiously as possible.” It is reasonably complex as there will be a lot of new signage so it’ll take some time. This will proceed faster than originally planned but WDW never hustles. I’d expect in June, at some point, you can ditch the mask outside of queues.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I’ve been alerted that this evening, management at WDW have been instructed to update mask guidance “as expeditiously as possible.” It is reasonably complex as there will be a lot of new signage so it’ll take some time. This will proceed faster than originally planned but WDW never hustles. I’d expect in June, at some point, you can ditch the mask outside of queues.
Today's guidance will be obsolete by then.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I wonder what they will do soon about social distancing, restaurant capacity, and plexiglass

Jlwise2021

But wait by June, as in June 1st, or like mid June? I really think they can make the change as fast as they want and update signs as they can. 🤞🤞 Still hoping they just go for it by Memorial Day or sooner!! I’m seeing good news from governors and mayors saying they will be stopping mandates.

ToTBellHop

I wonder what they will do soon about social distancing, restaurant capacity, and plexiglass
Queue spacing will go to 3 ft, plexiglass stays (they will prioritize filling queues and filling every row of every car). Restaurant capacity unchanged since your mask is down and they don’t have extra staff anyway. They’ll open more locations as they hire.

ToTBellHop

But wait by June, as in June 1st, or like mid June? I really think they can make the change as fast as they want and update signs as they can. 🤞🤞 Still hoping they just go for it by Memorial Day or sooner!! I’m seeing good news from governors and mayors saying they will be stopping mandates.
I can’t specify because it isn’t set in stone. They’ll have a timeline set shortly.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Queue spacing will go to 3 ft, plexiglass stays (they will prioritize filling queues and filling every row of every car). Restaurant capacity unchanged since your mask is down and they don’t have extra staff anyway. They’ll open more locations as they hire.
You're harshing my good vibes.

dreday3

Hopefully they can start to at least increase the hours at the locations that are open.

Dining is a real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom