News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

How are we going to have a resurgence when the majority of elderly are vaccinated, and the rest of the population will be there soon? The worst we will have is some young people getting infected with the vast majority of them not really having any problems.
If rates continue to fall as they have, they’ll get low enough that we won’t need mitigation techniques within the country as long as we keep vaccinating. If people go hog wild before that happens, cases stay too high providing far too many chances for spread. Think of covid like a leaky garden hose. You don’t want to get wet. Every new case is a hole in the hose. Eventually, we can get to a point where there are so few holes, you don’t need to worry about getting sprayed, especially if you stay a few feet away.

I got both shots and currently have a poncho on. My kids don’t. About 54% of Americans don’t. And of those that do have one on, some of them only have it half on.

Touchdown

How are we going to have a resurgence when the majority of elderly are vaccinated, and the rest of the population will be there soon?
Current trajectory suggests using the word majority may be a stretch. We may end up in this country with <50% vaccinated, and will almost certainly end up with portions of the US where that is true. That’s how a resurgence happens.

Last edited:

Archie123

Gravity isn’t real. SMH. It’s a conspiracy to keep us from flying away.

I knew it wasn't. It is just more fake science from those that want to continue to stay in the media and extend their 15 minutes of fame. It's time for that hack, Sir Isaac Newton, to get lost. ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
This logic is a mystery. Everybody that wants a vaccine can get one.... So why does anybody care about masks?????? If people don't want the jab, that is fine.... IF you do, please go get it...… Once you have it why do you care....
It's not effective immediately. 2 weeks after the second shot is when you're full protected and some people are still trying to get a shot. Walk ups aren't available everywhere yet

EPICOT

Who are these people who love the culture of masking?
No one. When you are making up your own argument you need something to use to try and make your point.
It’s going to be very difficult for some to adjust to the removal of mitigation measures, even in light of Dr. Fauci’s recent statement that we should start removing mask mandates.

@Chi84 literally just posted an article about who these people are. People love the *feeling* of comfort that the masks and restrictions provide, and it does not matter what the science says to them. Throw in the political optics of removing mandates as basically giving a “win” to the other side, and you have a recipe for keeping these mandates for very unscientific reasons.

Archie123

@Chi84 literally just posted an article about who these people are. People love the *feeling* of comfort that the masks and restrictions provide, and it does not matter what the science says to them. Throw in the political optics of removing mandates as basically giving a “win” to the other side, and you have a recipe for keeping these mandates for very unscientific reasons.

Does it hurt your back to make those large leaps and stretches you are making?? If so ibuprofen will help.

orky8

It's not effective immediately. 2 weeks after the second shot is when you're full protected and some people are still trying to get a shot. Walk ups aren't available everywhere yet
Data from Israel showed 85% efficacy 2 weeks after first dose. It's highly effective almost immediately. It's extremely effective 2 weeks after the 2 dose regimen when it then jumps into the 90s. I live in an area with a high uptake rate on the vaccine, and still, walk-ups were available today, so maybe not everywhere, but anyone could find a same-day dose without too much effort at this point.

Maybe mask mandates shouldn't phase out today. But really, really soon.

DavidNoble

Equating COVID-19 fear and anxiety to mask-loving is quite the stretch, somersault, and backflip that ultimately doesn't stick the landing.

Wendy Pleakley

Orange County nearing 50 percent vaccination level to lift mask requirement outdoors​

I suspect it will still be easier for Disney to keep masks everywhere. The more there are different rules for different scenarios the harder it is to enforce consistently.

I don't wear a mask outdoors unless I'm somewhere really crowded, so it's not about opposing or favouring either measure, just considering what might make sense for them.

Wendy Pleakley

Data from Israel showed 85% efficacy 2 weeks after first dose. It's highly effective almost immediately. It's extremely effective 2 weeks after the 2 dose regimen when it then jumps into the 90s. I live in an area with a high uptake rate on the vaccine, and still, walk-ups were available today, so maybe not everywhere, but anyone could find a same-day dose without too much effort at this point.

Maybe mask mandates shouldn't phase out today. But really, really soon.

Canada is only doing first doses, with second doses delayed up to 16 weeks. It's a strategy that appears to make sense based on the numbers. That's something I don't see as a consideration in the USA when it comes to lifting restrictions. Doing so when first doses hit a threshold potentially makes as much sense as going by the 2-dose stats.

1.3% of Canada’s COVID-19 cases had 1st vaccine

orky8

Orange County nearing 50 percent vaccination level to lift mask requirement outdoors​

Positivity rate is also plummeting. Could easily be under 5% rolling 14 day average in two weeks at its current trajectory (5.52% last week, as compared to 6.5% the week prior).

Of course, Orange County's mandate is of dubious legal authority against the Governor's Executive Order of dubious legal authority.

orky8

Canada is only doing first doses, with second doses delayed up to 16 weeks. It's a strategy that appears to make sense based on the numbers. That's something I don't see as a consideration in the USA when it comes to lifting restrictions. Doing so when first doses hit a threshold potentially makes as much sense as going by the 2-dose stats.

1.3% of Canada’s COVID-19 cases had 1st vaccine

UK followed a similar plan, as I understand it, and it was highly effective. And Orange County's mandate lifting is based on first dose numbers, so it is a consideration for some areas when determining how to lift mandates.

I personally think U.S. should have done the same, spread out the doses, but ultimately, we reached a demand problem pretty quickly, so I'm not sure which strategy would have ultimately been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom