News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dranth

I'm just as guilty of jumping off topic here so in a weak attempt to bring it back, didn't some people mention a few weeks ago that Disney was planning on evaluating their current policy once they had made it through the Disneyland reopening?

If so, with luck, we will have something from them soon about any changes to WDW and then we can argue in circles about that for a while. If not and that was just random speculation it would still make sense that they would address some of the county and state changes as well as CDC updated guidance sometime soon.

Either way, here’s hoping we hear something with some actual time frames in the coming week or so.

sullyinMT

I’m hearing universal removed all six feet distancing markers on the floor but still playing spiel to distance...
They’ve been in the process of remarking the 6’, but with a far less visible sticker. It resembles police/caution tape in their two-tone blue scheme and is maybe 3-4” thick based on TV viewing judgement.

I’ve also seen what @ImperfectPixie said, that in a few places they seem to be playing with what 3’ would look like.

CatesMom

A lot more people would get vaccinated if it made a difference in their lives. There are people who have been vaccinated for months and they still have to live like they're not vaccinated. If they told everyone today that there were no more masks or restrictions for vaccinated people, then people might think it's worthwhile. But as of now, for people who aren't in an at risk category, what's the incentive? They won't get their life back. Just the promise that if they get the vaccine then maybe eventually they'll get their freedom back... But why would they believe it when they're on day 400+ of two weeks to slow the spread? Add to that the fact that a lot of people have seen people they know suffer from bad side effects and there's not much incentive to get the vaccine. That's a big failure at this point... Disincentivizing the behavior they want.
I am fully vaccinated and I no longer live like I am unvaccinated. I still gladly wear masks when appropriate (still mandated in stores, restaurants, etc., here, and I wear them in "mixed" (vaccinated and unvaccinated) company whether indoors or outdoors). But I've gone back to my downtown office. I've eaten indoors at restaurants. I've stayed at a hotel and played at an indoor water park with my family. Getting to do those things while knowing that I am not a threat to others and they are not a threat to me is the best "incentive" I can imagine for getting a vaccine.

drew81

I feel character dining will never really return to what it was before.
Once Disney knows guests will pay to eat and see a character from a distance they'll have no shame keeping it that way.

I realize it can't come back like it used to be right now, but I could see them keeping it as is.
It cuts tons of labor cost and attendant staff. Table turnover would definitely speed up.

ToTBellHop

I feel character dining will never really return to what it was before.
Once Disney knows guests will pay to eat and see a character from a distance they'll have no shame keeping it that way.

I realize it can't come back like it used to be right now, but I could see them keeping it as is.
It cuts tons of labor cost and attendant staff. Table turnover would definitely speed up.
They could frame it almost as a party with the characters. Soon enough, kids could congaline with the characters again but I agree, they might skip having characters stop at every table.

sullyinMT

They could frame it almost as a party with the characters. Soon enough, kids could congaline with the characters again but I agree, they might skip having characters stop at every table.
At the risk of derailing a thread, this isn’t a horrible idea. Characters stopping is great at places like Garden Grill. But, if buffets come back even in cafeteria form, it’s a little stressful for us to balance getting up and M&Gs. I know the characters will come back, but we always feel a bit sheepish for asking.

ToTBellHop

At the risk of derailing a thread, this isn’t a horrible idea. Characters stopping is great at places like Garden Grill. But, if buffets come back even in cafeteria form, it’s a little stressful for us to balance getting up and M&Gs. I know the characters will come back, but we always feel a bit sheepish for asking.
I wouldn’t mind either but might have when my kids were 3.

Chomama

I wouldn’t mind either but might have when my kids were 3.
I will say that we would not pay for character dining in its current form. It just doesn’t make sense. It didn’t make sense before but it was fun. Waving at Mickey across a room is not going to get my family to pay $270 for breakfast. I really, really hope they bring back the old way. Otherwise we will just wait in line to meet them so we can get the hug and autograph (unless that doesn’t return either 😩)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom