News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Indeed. You will need to remain distanced of course. Which I’m fine with. I hate strangers being close to me, especially when I’m drinking or have a Dole Whip. I’d be happy if strangers permanently stayed 3 feet away from me. Yuck.
Yeah I mean three feet isn't that far. Nobody should have ever been within three feet of anyone else.

themarchhare

I see nothing earth shattering about this minor adjustment.

"Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking or taking an outdoor photo*, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time.

(*Beginning April 8)"
It's obviously not earth-shattering in and of itself but it's what it represents. We're moving quickly with vaccinations and the science will begin to show that - Disney (as well as our national government) is confident in that.

disneygeek90

The Orange County Mayor said yesterday that based on current rate of vaccination he thinks he may be able to drop the countywide mask mandate some time in June. That will trigger some interesting challenges for Disney who will likely want to stay a little stricter but if the county removes the mandate enforcement is likely to get a lot more contentious.
But as a private company, they can require whatever they want whenever, correct? I think Disney will be following CDC guidelines (to cover their own tails) vs. local decisions.
Correct. Orlando's mask mandate didn't even start until June 2020. When Disney Springs opened in May, the mask policy was in place. I don't think it had anything to do with Orlando's wider city mandate.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Indeed. You will need to remain distanced of course. Which I’m fine with. I hate strangers being close to me, especially when I’m drinking or have a Dole Whip. I’d be happy if strangers permanently stayed 3 feet away from me. Yuck.

But that goes against Disney’s desire to pack as many people into the parks as possible. Oh wait, they “want fewer guests spending more”, I forgot. 😉

Even now, it’s hard to maintain distancing at all times in the parks.

themarchhare

I would guess July for the area's other parks - Disney will probably drag its feet longer tbh because they know that once they drop masks, they'll have to bring back much of the entertainment.

Daily Magic

Excited to hear this for myself since I’ll be there on April 11th but also interested how people might find a way to abuse the relaxed policy. The “remain socially distanced” part is a part I’m sure many people will seem to not read.

Mr. Moderate

I'm just grateful for any positive news regarding the relaxing of masks. I'm going in October 2021 and I'm hoping it will be even better by then. As more people get vaccinated and hopefully the numbers of positive cases go down with time, maybe we all can start to get back to a little normalcy. I went with my wife to WDW in November and while we enjoyed ourselves, I found myself tired of touring the parks with my mask on and looked forward to getting back to the room to take it off.

I work at a hospital and I know the importance of wearing them, so don't get me wrong, but I'm hoping and praying for a little relief for all of us who love going to WDW and experiencing what we used to do pre pandemic.

oceanbreeze77

Waiting for the doom and gloom posts from @oceanbreeze77 and @DisneyFan32 and for them to tell us this is a mistake and Disney will be the cause of the 4th wave.
well actually... here's my theory

I think disney wants vaccine passports.....They just can't come out and say that right now.

This new mask thing will cause issues, they know that. God bless those CMS.
The CM unions may fight for it.
This change may give Disney grounds to require it.

Down the line this could present them with the opportunity to say "hey you know what, its getting hard to control this, to make it easy and safe for our CMS and guests, we are now going to require that everyone is vaccinated.No more masks, just vaccinations."

I think they want proof of vaccines.

GimpYancIent

I think disney wants vaccine passports.....They just can't come out and say that right now.

Down the line this could present them with the opportunity to say "hey you know what, its getting hard to control this, to make it easy and safe for our CMS and guests, we are now going to require that everyone is vaccinated.No more masks, just vaccinations."

Good theory, but, the push for vaccine passports is loosing steam by the minute. Just plain not practical, reasonable and truly workable great for debate or interesting discussion though.

Epcotfan21

Yea that’s not gonna happen. Especially with DeSantis leading the anti passport movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom