News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

celluloid

Interesting sidebar: A major local public school district just announced that they are dropping mask rules, effective immediately, and confirmed that masks would not be required on school buses either. Surely if a public school system can do away with masks on their buses, so could Disney.

Of course they could, but that is old news and beating a dead argument. Many and millions of students and faculty do not have mask mandates.

They could, but it is private and personal choice.

Also, school systems are typically caving to parents in a PR sense rather than sticking to things. As an educator, I feel this is the major issue with a lot of public education.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Interesting sidebar: A major local public school district just announced that they are dropping mask rules, effective immediately, and confirmed that masks would not be required on school buses either. Surely if a public school system can do away with masks on their buses, so could Disney.
Hmmm…the masks are going away - hopefully permanently - we hope?

…but that doesn’t make this particular major school district correct. Hopefully they are…time will tell. But that’s a classic false equivalency

Tom P.

Hmmm…the masks are going away - hopefully permanently - we hope?

…but that doesn’t make this particular major school district correct. Hopefully they are…time will tell. But that’s a classic false equivalency
I think I phrased my point badly. :)

I'm not saying that because this school system dropped masks on buses it would be a good, safe thing for Disney to do the same. That's a separate argument.

I was talking about the argument that Disney can't legally drop them on buses because of federal transportation requirements. I would think -- though I could be wrong -- that if buses run by a public, government-run school system are not subject to that requirement, that Disney's private bus fleet wouldn't be either.

In either case, I was simply making the point about the legality of dropping masks on buses, not the advisability of it.

deeevo

It's required by federal mandate. No getting around that one

One would think. I guess school bus don't follow TSA guidelines?

correcaminos

No…it unfortunately died a couple years ago as the “suckification” of Disney dining continued to roll out.

we went to the new WP restaurant last year and it was awful. One of worst menus I’ve seen. It’s the classic “…if it ain’t broke” scenario
We had a WP locally for a few years. Fantastic food. Went to WDWs and it essentially was a differentand not great place. Sadly rent went up and we lost our local one. While I could not eat that meatloaf onion bacon?? Thing, it still looked good on plates

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I'm not saying that because this school system dropped masks on buses it would be a good, safe thing for Disney to do the same. That's a separate argument.

I was talking about the argument that Disney can't legally drop them on buses because of federal transportation requirements. I would think -- though I could be wrong -- that if buses run by a public, government-run school system are not subject to that requirement, that Disney's private bus fleet wouldn't be either.

In either case, I was simply making the point about the legality of dropping masks on buses, not the advisability of it.
Gotcha…

I totally agree. I don’t believe this is “up to the feds”…Disney is just hoping the Feds run out the clock and they get zero “eyebrows raised” on this…so they said. It’s a semi-legal, semi-PR thing

they’re always watching…and don’t forget Orlando and Florida made them look BAD in the summer of 2020

correcaminos

Our district is doing the same. Though not immediately as they needed a few weeks to allow transfers in and out of in person/online options. My kid rides the bus. He's cool with masks but it's annoying to have to worry if your kid will misplace or not.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I know a few districts that never did masks on buses.

Incomudro

What denotes "fully vaccinated?"
Does it mean boosters?
Boosters for certain age groups?
My son's for instance (age 20) have received 2 shots, but it is too soon for them to be eligible for boosters - because they received their second doses just a month ago.

Ayla

Most school districts don't own bussing companies. They contract through third party private businesses.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We had a WP locally for a few years. Fantastic food. Went to WDWs and it essentially was a differentand not great place. Sadly rent went up and we lost our local one. While I could not eat that meatloaf onion bacon?? Thing, it still looked good on plates
They used to have one on the waterfront in Hoboken years ago…beautiful view…straight shot to the Chelsea pier…

the downfall of pucks express will never be “ok” with me.

take your chipotles and shove them 😡

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What denotes "fully vaccinated?"
Does it mean boosters?
Boosters for certain age groups?
My son's for instance (age 20) have received 2 shots, but it is too soon for them to be eligible for boosters - because they received their second doses just a month ago.
I don’t believe boosters are required on any such mandates…but I may be wrong on that?

Tom P.

I believe the definition of fully vaccinated is based on what the CDC is defining which right now is I believe a booster five months after the last dose of your original brand.
No, the CDC has not changed the definition of "fully vaccinated." They still define it as having received the primary series of vaccinations. They have added a new term, "up to date," which means you have also received any appropriate boosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom