News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom P.

They know it is bad PR for some and purposely held back WDW to avoid being in the headlines for WDW and then Disneyland. WDW wanted this last Friday.

Obviously, they weren’t waiting for Russia nonsense.
Eh. Perhaps. They've always wanted California and Florida to be in sync on their policies and I really think that was the driving force. With literally every place in the country heading toward dropping masks, I just don't think the PR issue matters any more. Yes, there will always be someone who disagrees with any decision Disney makes vis a vis Covid precautions, but public opinion has clearly shifted rather dramatically in the "no masks" direction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
As I expected, this story is on CNN but WAY down, covered by Russia, the Olympics, Palin, and, somehow the Trumps. Most people won’t notice. Well-played, mouse.

yep...

1644956685066.png

pdude81

Lol

Just found out my luck did run out.... Moonlight Magic returns. First day is the day we leave. If my stupid inlaws had not moved on a moment's notice we could've gone. But no.... by the time they told us couldn't add on for spring break. 😝
things still move quickly sometimes on the WL, especially somewhere as big as SSR if you're willing to move for one night. You just have to get on the list as quickly as possible

correcaminos

things still move quickly sometimes on the WL, especially somewhere as big as SSR if you're willing to move for one night. You just have to get on the list as quickly as possible
This is for a trip ending in 30 days. I'd have to move flights as well. If we were staying at my inlaws we could've made late drive back. As it is.... it's okay. We should have extended hours for Epcot on our arrival day anyway.

StarWarsGirl

Lol

Just found out my luck did run out.... Moonlight Magic returns. First day is the day we leave. If my stupid inlaws had not moved on a moment's notice we could've gone. But no.... by the time they told us couldn't add on for spring break. 😝
The last one is a few days before I get there, so I'm right there with you.

StarWarsGirl

Flights aren't consistent either. Some air crews don't care.
Thankfully I've flown a bunch during the pandemic and the FAs always seemed to care. I had a lady on my flight last month back from South Carolina who just randomly started sleeping with her mask off. I called a FA up who got her to put her mask back up. My 82 year old grandmother was with me, omicron was high, I was taking no chances.

correcaminos

I've hit them a few times. The MK one was sooo much fun. Hoping maybe they'll add a few more dates for while I'm there.

The 2 pm park hopping, the reservation system...it can all go away now...
I've never been lucky enough to have one. With the dates listed they are either too close to a trip or not when I'd want to try. Some day though.

Yes park reservations can drop any day too

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol

Fun fact/Trivia: That wasn’t just meatloaf I posted…did anyone recognize it??
The last one is a few days before I get there, so I'm right there with you.
I’m pulling for you…
The 2 pm park hopping, the reservation system...it can all go away now...
That has NAAAAHHH THING to do with SARS Covid 19

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As someone who cannot eat onions I recognized the monstrosity from food bloggers. Does it still exist?
No…it unfortunately died a couple years ago as the “suckification” of Disney dining continued to roll out.

we went to the new WP restaurant last year and it was awful. One of worst menus I’ve seen. It’s the classic “…if it ain’t broke” scenario

Tom P.

Interesting sidebar: A major local public school district just announced that they are dropping mask rules, effective immediately, and confirmed that masks would not be required on school buses either. Surely if a public school system can do away with masks on their buses, so could Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom