News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mom

Premium Member
Are we supposed to feel sympathy for someone who went to Disney with unvaccinated people and got COVID? I don’t understand why this person joined and immediately shared their “plight”. Disney has nothing to do with what happened. They were in a large group with unvaccinated people and got COVID. Big deal. Now they’re using this experience to undermine and misinform. In 2022. When does the madness end?
Sympathy? I don't think anyone is feeling sympathy. More likely than not people in the group infected them, but it's also possible that they picked it up from being exposed to crowds of people.

I still do not feel safe enough to mix with large numbers of people. And nothing said on a discussion forum will change my mind. I think most people feel that way, so any "information" imparted is, as I said, taken with a grain of salt. I would like to think that others are also capable of making their own decisions, and will not be swayed by what some label "misinformation."

The information on this is changing as we learn more, so what is true today might not be in the future, and vice versa.

Parker in NYC

Sympathy? I don't think anyone is feeling sympathy. More likely than not people in the group infected them, but it's also possible that they picked it up from being exposed to crowds of people.

I still do not feel safe enough to mix with large numbers of people. And nothing said on a discussion forum will change my mind. I think most people feel that way, so any "information" imparted is, as I said, taken with a grain of salt. I would like to think that others are also capable of making their own decisions, and will not be swayed by "misinformation."
I would like to think that people won’t be swayed by misinformation, too. But considering where we are in terms of vaccinations in 2022, I simply cannot. I will continue to expect the worst from anyone who gladly shares that COVID is merely a cold, to the vaccinated. That’s their experience.

marymarypoppins

I went to Disney two months ago and was perfectly fine. No one in my group was unvaccinated. What are the odds? Sheesh.
Good for you. I hope you had nice trip. For the record I know of one person closely that has died of coivd and he was fully vaccinated. It was a students parent. I live in a state where there are no mandates for mask or covid vaccinations. I personally vaccinated for several reasons but one being my job . Out of a class of 22 not one student is vaccinated and other than myself having it twice and the students dad our room has seen no other cases. I do not discuss vaccinations with the parents so I don't know what their hesitations are. It is not my job to parent their child.

marymarypoppins

I would like to think that people won’t be swayed by misinformation, too. But considering where we are in terms of vaccinations in 2022, I simply cannot. I will continue to expect the worst from anyone who gladly shares that COVID is merely a cold, to the vaccinated. That’s their experience.
Was not looking for sympathy at all! Everyone from my party is recovering nicely to include my unvaccinated college age child. Our symptoms were in fact merely that of a winter cold. Sorry that no one is on their death bed to make you feel better. It is weird the vaccinated people who wish ill on non vaccinated people and the non vaccinated who wish ill on those who go the vaccine.

Chomama

Unfortunately that’s not how it seems to work…the vaccines/boosters are your line of defense

the concept of “super immunity” is just a theory at this point…not enough data to support it. I would bet it turns out to be yet another “unicorn”…

so let’s just keep you healthy instead, eh?
There is actually some emerging data on this. It seems to neutralize against delta and all other previous strains. Remaining hopeful and watching the research come
In but will still mask and get boosted as necessary. Still quite hopeful!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There is actually some emerging data on this. It seems to neutralize against delta and all other previous strains. Remaining hopeful and watching the research come
In but will still mask and get boosted as necessary. Still quite hopeful!
It’s possible…just not definitive yet

1641404718331.png

dovetail65

I was the exact opposite...go figure...1st two were pfizer, bad reaction to 2nd shot...got the moderna booster and nothing
I am glad to hear that. I had HUGE reaction to first and second to Pfizer and going for my booster of Moderna tomorrow, I was thinking about canceling because I dont want to lose 3 days more work right now like I did the last two times. Reading your post I am a bit more ready to go.

Worse issue with a vaccine for me I was for Shingles, 3 days later I had an SVT heart event, I thought I was going to die. All my Dr's saying this or that so I google my self and find a study that states 6% of men get an SVT event 3 days after the Shingrex vaccine, EXACTLY what happend to me. I showed all my Dr and none of them were aware, now they are. I don't regret getting the Shingrex vaccine, that incident led to my Dr's discovering an abnormality in my heart that causes Afib about 9% of the time. This is why I have been feeling ill the last few years. My wife says you never feel well and I just shrugged it off from working 18 hour days. So now I need decide if I will go on and get an ablation for my heart

My AFIB caused my heart to go to 155 for 147 minutes yesterday while I sat there scared, still I am on the fence about the ablation. It scary when your heart beats like you are running 10 miles while sitting doing noting at all and can not ell the heart to slow. Anyone here have an ablation one for the heart?

wendysue

I am glad to hear that. I had HUGE reaction to first and second to Pfizer and going for my booster of Moderna tomorrow, I was thinking about canceling because I dont want to lose 3 days more work right now like I did the last two times. Reading your post I am a bit more ready to go.

Worse issue with a vaccine for me I was for Shingles, 3 days later I had an SVT heart event, I thought I was going to die. All my Dr's saying this or that so I google my self and find a study that states 6% of men get an SVT event 3 days after the Shingrex vaccine, EXACTLY what happend to me. I showed all my Dr and none of them were aware, now they are. I don't regret getting the Shingrex vaccine, that incident led to my Dr's discovering an abnormality in my heart that causes Afib about 9% of the time. This is why I have been feeling ill the last few years. My wife says you never feel well and I just shrugged it off from working 18 hour days. So now I need decide if I will go on and get an ablation for my heart

My AFIB caused my heart to go to 155 for 147 minutes yesterday while I sat there scared, still I am on the fence about the ablation. It scary when your heart beats like you are running 10 miles while sitting doing noting at all and can not ell the heart to slow. Anyone here have an ablation one for the heart?

A family member had an ablation several years ago with excellent results. Good luck to you.

Lilofan

Side effects for shingles vaccine is what I got too after shot #1 , fatigue, arm pain, weakness for 1 day. After my friend got shingles ( didn't get vaccinated ) he advised he had rashes, pain that lasted 3 months. This made me get the Shingrix vaccine and shot #2 is in a few weeks.

dig311dug

Vaxxed and boostered followed mask policies while there. Tested positive two days ago. Will not be going for a 4th shot since it seems we can both catch and spread it so I see no point . This is the second time I have had covid since August. Over it!!
You see no point to a 4th shot? You would be in much worse shape symptom-wise if you weren’t triple vaxed.

threvester

I hope all goes well for you. I also have had reactions to prior vaccines , especially tetanus. When I heard Moderna seemed to give stronger reactions i also was hesitant (i had some minor heart issues and a rash and bump on my arm for over 3 months with the 2nd pfizer) but am glad i did it. I literally have had zero reaction, nothing on my arm and no sickness at all.

bdearl41

I still do not feel safe enough to mix with large numbers of people. And nothing said on a discussion forum will change my mind. I think most people feel that way, so any "information" imparted is, as I said, taken with a grain of salt. I would like to think that others are also capable of making their own decisions, and will not be swayed by what some label "misinformation."

The information on this is changing as we learn more, so what is true today might not be in the future, and vice versa.
Something Mom said hit me. We are moving forward to where individuals risks tolerance will drive how individuals manage their daily lives and use mitigation strategies to ensure they are comfortable in their decisions. We need to be respectful of everyone in their risk tolerances and actions. We are going to be moving from a time of uniform strategies to where individuals will be in charge of that. Being kind and understanding will be the path forward. Don’t yell at someone for wearing a mask. Don’t yell at someone for not wearing one. And give everyone a little bit of room because you don’t know how they feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom