News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s a theme park, for goodness’ sake. You’re making a mockery of civil disobedience and those contexts in which it is actually needed.
somebody obviously bombed History class.
And making the cast members day worse. It's amusing that you think your little "act" will do anything more than this.
They don’t care. You can tell a lot about Disney fans when they speak of intentionally making the employees days more stressful. It happens ALOT.

correcaminos

They added the mask mandate due to the situation in Orange County specifically. They listened to the mayors request. Now that the situation has reversed, they should also reverse the mandate. It’s not difficult
I live in a place where some places never dropped the mandate - private businesses - even when county or city rules said they could. It's seriously not hard. Either follow rules or don't. We're not here to debate value of masks either so I won't. As a DVC owner I know what pandemic bookings are like. I almost canceled a trip because friends didn't think they wanted to go with the mandate at Disney. The bit about OC mandates mean nothing. Private businesses can make the rules as they see fit. Follow or don't go. Owning DVC means zilch in this process really. Just that one has to cancel or rent out if one chooses not to go over a mask.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I live in a place where some places never dropped the mandate - private businesses - even when county or city rules said they could. It's seriously not hard. Either follow rules or don't. We're not here to debate value of masks either so I won't. As a DVC owner I know what pandemic bookings are like. I almost canceled a trip because friends didn't think they wanted to go with the mandate at Disney. The bit about OC mandates mean nothing. Private businesses can make the rules as they see fit. Follow or don't go. Owning DVC means zilch in this process really. Just that one has to cancel or rent out if one chooses not to go over a mask.
When the rules are stupid and anti vaxx, I will continue to call them out. And yes, it’s not that difficult to add in mandates, but getting them removed is next to impossible. There is always going to be something else, a new excuse. Heck, people are already lining up the new variant as the next excuse. It will never be good enough.
The reason they added in the mandate no longer exists. Time to remove it.

Chip Chipperson

As a DVC person I am not following what the issue is. You either follow rules or rent or bank points. It's not difficult

Or rent the points and actually make some money off of the situation. It'll cover the dues for the year plus some extra. Nobody is truly trapped with DVC unless they choose to be now that attendance has picked up - especially since not all resorts are open 100% so DVC owners have a product (Disney resort room) with limited supply.

Tony the Tigger

@Sirwalterraleigh, The first time we tried with masks (Oct 2020 when masks were required everywhere) it was very hot and humid and frankly it was a struggle to breath with them on outside. Granted we weren't the only people affected by this...we get that. However, we truly did not enjoy ourselves at all that trip and Food & Wine is always something she loves doing. Honestly the masks ruined the trip for us (our opinion). So when we got home, she cried because in her words, she hated our trip. As she reflected on everything, the wasted PTO time, the wasted DVC points, the airfare, the money spent at Disney for food and cocktails, etc. It made her cry that she/we paid to be miserable.

For this past trip (Oct 2021), although it was nice to be outside in the humidity without a mask, wearing them inside the hotel, on transportation, etc. was annoying because we don't have to do that in the burgh (nice incline pic by the way). She cried again when we got home for the same reason...she hated our trip because the masks ruined it for her.

That is a shame. It is all about perspective. IMO, one should appreciate what they have.

We went one month before you in September of 2020, all masked. I have asthma, so I find it hard to believe when people tell me they can't breathe in a mask when I have no trouble at all.

We went primarily for Food & Wine, and enjoyed it just fine. There's a trip report here somewhere. We had realistic expectations going in, and made the best of it. That's a choice you and DW are free to make as well.

My father-in-law died shortly after we got home. So again - perspective - about what's important in life, and what's worth shedding tears over.

Chip Chipperson

It’s a $269.2 billion corporation. It’s no longer Walt’s little theme park. I will continue to speak out and defend individual freedom against the cartel of billion dollar corporations and various government entities who collude to erode my rights.

Cartel??? Collusion???? Okey dokey. I think you're giving TWDC way too much credit (or perhaps not enough if you think they're part of a COVID-19 conspiracy considering the negative impact this pandemic has had on the company's revenues).

LittleBuford

That is a shame. It is all about perspective. IMO, one should appreciate what they have.

We went one month before you in September of 2020, all masked. I have asthma, so I find it hard to believe when people tell me they can't breathe in a mask when I have no trouble at all.

We went primarily for Food & Wine, and enjoyed it just fine. There's a trip report here somewhere. We had realistic expectations going in, and made the best of it. That's a choice you and DW are free to make as well.

My father-in-law died shortly after we got home. So again - perspective - about what's important in life, and what's worth shedding tears over.
My condolences, Tony.

Trauma

My policy is if anyone has to wear it - still a vast number of employees - then I wear them as a courtesy

no bs aside…everyone should mask up now to get ahead of the variant threat as much as possible.
According to the report, omicron patients tended to be younger, and the variant was not found as often among the older population. Those infected with the variant mainly experienced fatigue and body aches. Still, it is still unknown what effect infection has on the older adults with underlying medical conditions such as diabetes or heart disease.

Prof. Dror Mevorach, head of the coronavirus department at Hadassah University Hospital Ein Karem, said the preliminary reports on the clinical condition of people infected with the new variant are encouraging. “If it continues this way, this might be a relatively mild illness compared to the delta variant, and paradoxically, if it takes over, it will lead to lower infection rates,” and it will be easier to deal with globally.

Don’t see anything to be worried about so far.
Still trust my 3 shots of Moderna.

If the science shows this is somehow an ACTUAL risk to vaccinated and boosterized healthy people I will reconsider masking.

Until then I will continue to live my life mask free.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Sorry for your loss. Glad you were able to make good memories.

correcaminos

Or rent the points and actually make some money off of the situation. It'll cover the dues for the year plus some extra. Nobody is truly trapped with DVC unless they choose to be now that attendance has picked up - especially since not all resorts are open 100% so DVC owners have a product (Disney resort room) with limited supply.
Yep.
When the rules are stupid and anti vaxx, I will continue to call them out. And yes, it’s not that difficult to add in mandates, but getting them removed is next to impossible. There is always going to be something else, a new excuse. Heck, people are already lining up the new variant as the next excuse. It will never be good enough.
The reason they added in the mandate no longer exists. Time to remove it.
Last I checked we weren't allowed to debate that aspect of it. Don't care honestly if it's dumb or not, just DVC doesn't make this any different.

correcaminos

So very sorry for your loss

disneygeek90

Because at WDW it is just for show. Wearing them in the limited situations there does nothing for spread. And the fact that other theme parks in the area are doing just fine without it is another reason it’s dumb. Also, it’s anti vaxx.
If only there was a record WDW could review to make sure all of their guests are vaccinated. Until that’s the case, I don’t think it’s just for show.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Such a rebel.
Z.jpg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If only there was a record WDW could review to make sure all of their guests are vaccinated. Until that’s the case, I don’t think it’s just for show.
Is that in place at DL? No? Then let’s remove that from the table as anything that is seriously considered for WDW.
If only WDW followed their own precedent rather than being the outlier.

Disney Analyst

If the rule is wear a mask, wear a damn mask.

I assume you’d be fine if a surgeon decided not to wear a mask when you are sitting on their table wide open. Not worried at all about droplets entering your body cavity causing potential infection or serious illness?

Bunch of real smart people in here, clearly just wanting to have some control or power over something in their sad lives, despite how idiotic it is.

There are far worthier battles you could fight for.

G00fyDad

If the rule is wear a mask, wear a damn mask.

I assume you’d be fine if a surgeon decided not to wear a mask when you are sitting on their table wide open. Not worried at all about droplets entering your body cavity causing potential infection or serious illness?

Bunch of real smart people in here, clearly just wanting to have some control or power over something in their sad lives, despite how idiotic it is.

There are far worthier battles you could fight for.
Give them a break. This is their Battle of Bunker Hill. 🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom