News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes. But she still had a nasty time of it and was left very shaken by the whole thing.
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

LittleBuford

I have my doubts that it will. Absent some huge medical breakthrough, what will have changed about Covid rates in 5, 10, or 20 years? Maybe the new medication I’ve heard about recently will change things. If not, I’m resigned to the fact that this may be as good as it gets, period.
Disney dropped its mask requirement earlier this year for a bit before Delta became rampant. As is often pointed out here, Universal and other competitors currently don’t require masks. The idea that masks are going to remain a permanent requirement is wildly farfetched.

DisneyHead123

Disney dropped its mask requirement earlier this year for a bit before Delta became rampant. As is often pointed out here, Universal and other competitors currently don’t require masks. The idea that masks are going to remain a permanent requirement is wildly farfetched.
It would be nice to think we'll get there eventually. We'll see I guess. It's definitely been a two steps forward one step back process so far, but here's hoping.

Heelz2315

It would be nice to think we'll get there eventually. We'll see I guess. It's definitely been a two steps forward one step back process so far, but here's hoping.
Florida's rate of transmission is just over 11 per 100K. That's lower than it was in the summer. Orange Co is almost to the "low" category on the CDC guidance. Unless they're waiting on the Thanksgiving/Christmas/NYE crowds to thin out I honestly don't know what they're waiting on to drop this charade.

I'm about done with guessing what they'll do. If they're waiting for conditions to improve before dropping them they probably won't get much better. So I don't know that they ever will drop them.

Heelz2315

If you trust those numbers. I don't. They fired and jailed Rebekah Jones for trying to report the truth. I think Florida has been covering up their numbers and padding the books for quite a while now. Too many tourism dollars they're just not willing to let go.

Here's where I got that info. I think this is ran/maintained by the CDC. So take that for what it's worth. I don't have a lot of trust in them either.

bdearl41

Thanks for sharing. This is bad form on Disney’s part.
One thing of note in the commercial is consider who they are advertising to. Probably to spring break trips and next summer. Perhaps Disney expects to be rid of the masks by the time most people influenced by this commercial would visit.

Last edited:

MikeyK72

We are about to cancel our January trip in the next two weeks if they are still required (not here to debate - we just don't want to go again until they are no longer required). We will see what the situation is in September.
us too...we're DVC so waiting for the 31 day mark so we can cancel and get the points back (as opposed to a holding account).

G00fyDad

We are about to cancel our January trip in the next two weeks if they are still required (not here to debate - we just don't want to go again until they are no longer required). We will see what the situation is in September.

I can respect that. Thank you for putting it that way. I have trouble breathing myself due to scar tissue on my lungs and masks are a severe annoyance to me but I wear then where I am asked to wear them. I get to breathing so hard sometimes in one of these things that I feel like I am going to suck it down my esophagus. :hilarious: Even still, it is not enough for me to cancel my trip if they are not gone by the time we go. I truly hope they are gone by October 2022 but if not then so be it.

Dan Deesnee

We just got back from our trip. Pretty interesting comparing last November to this November at Disney. Last year they were hardcore about enforcement, literally following people around to ensure they kept it on (saw this twice when they had to tell someone to put it over their nose).

This year, next to no enforcement. My mask I use tends to slip below my nose. I had 1 person tell me to fix it the entire trip. Some people even just went indoors and never put their masks on, nobody said anything to them from what I saw. Also saw lots of people in line with their masks all the way down. Again, Disney cast members didn't seem to be that concerned about enforcement.

Just some anecdotal info for people concerned about upcoming trips they have. Wearing them wasn't bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom