News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs grumpy

Really hoping to hear something soon. We are booked for late January into February. We will reschedule the trip if masks are still required indoors. We went in September 2020 and it was a trip we should not have taken. It was not for us. We live in a popular midwest tourist town and masks have not been required since March and it has been the busiest summer/fall we have ever seen. We are in tour bus season now and we didn't know what to expect this year but people are coming. We set a deadline of the end of November to make the call so just waiting to see what happens. If nothing changes we will try for September next year.

RoadiJeff

It's getting cooler out now. What happens when people wear long sleeves? I don't see CM's asking people to roll up their sleeves so they can check.
When we were at the MVMCP in December 2019 it was raining much of the evening and everyone had on ponchos and long sleeve outerwear. The Disney cast members seemed like they were doing a pretty good job of checking everyone to see if they were wearing the special event wristbands back then.

correcaminos

It's getting cooler out now. What happens when people wear long sleeves? I don't see CM's asking people to roll up their sleeves so they can check.
You make it sound like we don't wear long sleeves in the summer?

I remember the e ticket nights way back ages ago. $10 per person per night. We did that one October. Cold snap hit and I wore a jacket all week. They saw our bands fine.

Not that I expect this to happen but just saying they asked to see our wristband and we showed it.

ToTBellHop

I remember the e ticket nights way back ages ago. $10 per person per night. We did that one October. Cold snap hit and I wore a jacket all week. They saw our bands fine.

Not that I expect this to happen but just saying they asked to see our wristband and we showed it.
Yep. Same for every MVMCP I attended. It wasn’t an issue at all.

disneygeek90

Sure, but that was at the entrance of every E ticket ride where the reason to check is prohibit you from going on the ride. That stops them from going in to begin with. For someone walking into a theater for example it would be easy for them to put their mask on and take it off right after any sort of “check.” They aren’t going to be checking constantly inside.

This is all moot anyway since it’ll never happen, but it doesn’t sound like a good option to me.

correcaminos

Yep. Same for every MVMCP I attended. It wasn’t an issue at all.
I had forgotten about parties. I think I was lucky and most were warmer too though.

or someone walking into a theater for example it would be easy for them to put their mask on and take it off right after any sort of “check.” They aren’t going to be checking constantly inside.

This is all moot anyway since it’ll never happen,
Some are doing that anyway right now ;)

Honestly I am not promoting doing this. Really I'm not! I'm just packing away and wishing I could leave the masks out. I try to pack light ;)

Wendy Pleakley

Sure, but that was at the entrance of every E ticket ride where the reason to check is prohibit you from going on the ride. That stops them from going in to begin with. For someone walking into a theater for example it would be easy for them to put their mask on and take it off right after any sort of “check.” They aren’t going to be checking constantly inside.

This is all moot anyway since it’ll never happen, but it doesn’t sound like a good option to me.

Exactly. It would be unrealistic, and incredibly stressful, for cast members to be constantly looking at guests without a mask and then having to look to see if there's a wristband, and then having the conversation.

In the absence of mandatory vaccine checks at the front gate, which isn't an option in Florida, any mask mandate is going to apply to everyone regardless of vaccination status.

As always, the people selfishly refusing to get vaccinated just makes things worse for the rest of us.

bdearl41

The problem with that is that there are always going to be ebbs and flows to crowds. Yes, I know the Christmas/New Year's week is an outlier, but it only calms down briefly after the first of the year before you get into other holidays, special events, and so forth. There is just never going to be a time when Disney can say "okay, it's safe now, because crowds are going to stay light."
Oh I have no thought it’s about safety if they do that. Just makes optics easier. Also easy to justify as a decision. Only thing I feel confident in is in spring they should be gone

DisneyCane

Easy. The theme parks, their attorneys, and their insurance companies know it's cheaper, quicker, and less messy to settle out of court and avoid a lawsuit altogether.
I can guarantee you that no theme park or their insurance company is settling cases before they are even filed. That's not how the world works. It would be an open invitation for lawyers to send demand letters for a quick few thousand in their and their client's pocket.

G00fyDad

I can guarantee you that no theme park or their insurance company is settling cases before they are even filed. That's not how the world works. It would be an open invitation for lawyers to send demand letters for a quick few thousand in their and their client's pocket.
That is not what the other poster said.

Tom P.

Although somewhat related, and an interesting idea, the wristband discussion is getting a bit off topic. The same with comparisons between WDW and USO.
Sincere question, no snark intended: Are you literally just wanting this thread to be actual updates about any changes to Disney's mask policy? Or is discussion and debate about masking at WDW okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom