News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip Chipperson

Disney is prohibited from making vaccination a requirement for park attendance. They absolutely could make it a requirement of going maskless. There is nothing in Florida's laws or executive orders that would stop Disney from saying "everyone is welcome in the parks regardless of vaccination status but those who choose to voluntarily provide proof of vaccination are exempt from the indoor mask requirement." But Disney does not want to do that.

This has been discussed ad nauseum. They're allowed to make it a condition for going maskless but that's impossible to mo it or and enforce with thousands of guests in each park.

Tony the Tigger

Plus that’s playing by old Covid rules. With Delta, vaccinated people are more likely than before to be carriers, so going maskless still doesn’t make sense indoors. With as many people as there are going through there, the odds are against you.

And now you’ll have someone going with 8-9 month old vaccinations claiming not to need a booster.

Tom P.

*whispers into the wind* Disney parks are not a right, if you don't want to wear a mask, then just don't goooooooo
No one is arguing that going to Disney parks is a right. And I have said many times that I am doing just what you suggest -- not going until the mask policy is changed. I am just stating my opinion that the current Disney mask policy is nonsensical and needs to be changed as of yesterday.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
At least Tony is kind enough to give us a glimpse into one of the future talking points. “People have not been able to get a booster”
I think I mentioned recently that by March, I expect some places are going to push to say that they will no longer count a person as fully vaccinated if their last dose was more than 12 months prior. And I really think the CDC is going to change their definition of fully vaccinated (I think there have already been grumblings of this)...although, these predictions depend on whether the virus is going to linger around or not in a significant way.

edit: we really need to bring this convo to the other, general, thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

HairyChest

This is the 3rd time in the past 10 days you have alluded to masks being dropped and the 3rd time you've been wrong.

Don't be come "The Biff who Cried Masks".
All I said was get your popcorn ready. Don’t become the Joff that assumes things. On that note, tomorrow will be an interesting day if you have a trip planned soon. 😏

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
No one is arguing that going to Disney parks is a right. And I have said many times that I am doing just what you suggest -- not going until the mask policy is changed. I am just stating my opinion that the current Disney mask policy is nonsensical and needs to be changed as of yesterday.
It's clear that even a majority of the CM's realize at this point the masking policy is a bit silly and mostly just theater now.

We've visited several times since the parks reopened and even with the indoors only policy, the amount of CMs enforcing it (even indoors) is low compared to a year ago. We saw more CMs reminding people they DIDNT have to wear their mask in certain areas such as when entering the SDD queue.

Chip Chipperson

Orange County is a whole 0.67 cases per 100k per 7 days above the bar for "moderate" spread so it is VERY important to keep masking indoors at WDW.

That 1.4 additional cases each day in a county of almost 1.5 million people makes a huge difference.

I get your frustration, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. If they disregard their own cutoff and say, "Ehhh, it's close enough," then it's one more feather in the cap of those who don't trust anything the CDC says. You know it would be met with, "Seeee! They can't even follow their own guidance! More proof that I was right to ignore them for the past 20 months!"

Bob Harlem

Orange County is a whole 0.67 cases per 100k per 7 days above the bar for "moderate" spread so it is VERY important to keep masking indoors at WDW.

That 1.4 additional cases each day in a county of almost 1.5 million people makes a huge difference.
14 day positivity rate for Orange county is under 3% now (2.8%) and still dropping which means we're already in moderate (probably were the day after the last report was out), so its just waiting for the official report now.

DisneyCane

I forgot that Orange County residents are the only ones going to WDW.
The mask mandate came back because the Orange County mayor asked Disney to do it (Universal and Sea World didn't) and he recently said he's going to continue to have masks for county employees until the county is classified as "moderate" spread.

My sarcastic point was because I think the CDC considering anything close to 50 per 100k over 7 days as "substantial" community spread is ridiculous. Even at double that, you're talking 0.1% of the population testing positive over a week.

The chance of you being near somebody with COVID who is also contagious indoors at WDW for a significant period of time is incredibly low even in the "substantial" community spread category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom