News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

I know you post often, but I don't remember if you said whether you've been to WDW since the start of the pandemic.
Yep! Finally got to go in June for a nice long trip making up for lost trips due to closure in 2020. Heading again in I think 12 days and have 2 trips next year. Masks or not, we go! School schedules and quarantine requirements kept us out longer than I wanted though as did a family health issue.

Trauma

My guess is the number balances out. Though earlier it likely skewed towards mask wanting.
If that where true then why when people are given the choice they overwhelmingly choose not to mask.

Even at the parks themselves people ditch the mask as soon as no one is looking.

I just don’t think it’s fair to say that as many people prefer masking as don’t.

This is evidenced anywhere that gives choice.

I live in a blue area of a blue state so you can’t blame demographics, when given the choice to mask indoors people overwhelmingly choose not to.

I’m not making an argument that masks don’t work or we don’t need them etc etc

The only point I’m making is given a choice the overwhelming majority would not mask.

The second Disney drops the mask mandate at the parks 1 in 10 will be masked and that’s a stretch.

correcaminos

If that where true then why when people are given the choice they overwhelmingly choose not to mask.

Even at the parks themselves people ditch the mask as soon as no one is looking.

I just don’t think it’s fair to say that as many people prefer masking as don’t.

This is evidenced anywhere that gives choice.

I live in a blue area of a blue state so you can’t blame demographics, when given the choice to mask indoors people overwhelmingly choose not to.

I’m not making an argument that masks don’t work or we don’t need them etc etc

The only point I’m making is given a choice the overwhelming majority would not mask.

The second Disney drops the mask mandate at the parks 1 in 10 will be masked and that’s a stretch.
I said earlier - as in earlier in the pandemic. I said now it's likely a wash. People will want to not go or cancel either way.

correcaminos

Maybe.

I’ll be happy when we don’t even need to talk about this anymore. Disney is dragging their feet on this imminent announcement.
I say that knowing how scared many were pre-vaccines when many were even washing off groceries. Fear lingers is all. Could be wrong but that's my guage even based on posters here.

I'm in the middle, I'll go no matter what with masks but glad the outdoor crap is gone.

I am hoping the CDC announcement tips the scales.

Trauma

I say that knowing how scared many were pre-vaccines when many were even washing off groceries. Fear lingers is all. Could be wrong but that's my guage even based on posters here.

I'm in the middle, I'll go no matter what with masks but glad the outdoor crap is gone.

I am hoping the CDC announcement tips the scales.
I’m about to be boosterized so I’m very ready for no masks!

Chi84

Premium Member
I said earlier - as in earlier in the pandemic. I said now it's likely a wash. People will want to not go or cancel either way.
We went in May (outdoor masks required) and October. I can't speak to anyone else's experience, but based on my own the people visiting there during the pandemic don't appear to be concerned about COVID. At all. My very definite feeling (especially last week) was that if the mask requirement was dropped, two minutes later there wouldn't have been a mask in sight. There were a number of instances in restaurants and on the Skyliner where people expressed frustration with what they considered a useless act. We just nodded and smiled (behind our masks) on the Skyliner because I'm fairly certain the couple we rode with didn't think much of the vaccines either.

correcaminos

We went in May (outdoor masks required) and October. I can't speak to anyone else's experience, but based on my own the people visiting there during the pandemic don't appear to be concerned about COVID. At all. My very definite feeling (especially last week) was that if the mask requirement was dropped, two minutes later there wouldn't have been a mask in sight. There were a number of instances in restaurants and on the Skyliner where people expressed frustration with what they considered a useless act. We just nodded and smiled (behind our masks) on the Skyliner because I'm fairly certain the couple we rode with didn't think much of the vaccines either.
There is a false sense of security that many had with masking indoors. I know many didn't care and yet many did. I've known on both ends of the spectrum people canceling due to masks. We just go if we can lol. I'm interested to see what it feels like when I go compared to June. June was indoor masks only. There were definitely those who didn't worry and some who did. There was a TON of vaccine talk in elevators and small rooms. So I got the vibe that there was lingering worry. I'm only going for 4 days so won't get quite as much time to scope it out.

People on vacation want to feel like nothing matters. Was just talking with a friend today about it and we'd both prefer it gone indoors. Though I joke that smells might keep mine on if it's hot lol

I am hoping the CDC will spur a removal but with my luck it will start Nov 18th

I’m about to be boosterized so I’m very ready for no masks!
I was very ready for no masks about January when I found out I was vaccinated. I'm boosted too so not worried either. I wear as asked. Though I walked into a store with a sign last week requesting it and no one was. Boy did I feel silly.

dreday3

Well, we got back Friday (we have been at home since) and we started feeling like a butt Saturday evening. Worked home yesterday and today as scheduled, but supposed to go in tomorrow. Called boss, had to fill out a Covid thing and work had me go take a PCR test today, I get to work home the rest of the week! Should get results tomorrow.

I'm 99.9% sure we have some sort of sinus thing and not Covid (no one else on trip has any symptoms) - hotel air conditioning usually triggers it in me. But this is pretty bad congestion with a sore throat, very low-grade fever and my eyes and nose are swollen! But never lost sense of taste or smell. My guy also has it.

Regardless of what it is, who the heck was either walking around Disney or flying with this? They must have felt awful! :oops: Glad I went downhill when I was already home.

Everyone (guests) had masks on wherever required that I saw, everything seemed clean. We were very good about using sanitizer... Sometimes things just happen!

Last edited:

Lilofan

Well, we got back Friday (we have been at home since) and we started feeling like a butt Saturday evening. Worked home yesterday and today as scheduled, but supposed to go in tomorrow. Called boss, had to fill out a Covid thing and work had me go take a PCR test today, I get to work home the rest of the week! Should get results tomorrow.

I'm 99.9% sure we have some sort of sinus thing and not Covid (no one else on trip has any symptoms) - hotel air conditioning usually triggers it in me. But this is pretty bad congestion with a sore throat, very low-grade fever and my eyes and nose are swollen! But never lost sense of taste or smell. My guy also has it.

Regardless of what it is, who the heck was either walking around Disney or flying with this? They must have felt awful! :oops: Glad I went downhill when I was already home.
Hopefully your test comes back negative!

wendysue

We have been vaccinated and just received boosters and will continue to wear masks. We are spiking again in our area and hospital is almost at capacity. My reason is that since masking, I haven't had so much as a cold in year and a half and not in any hurry to catch one. :) Doesn't bother me at all that at some point we might be the only ones wearing them.

correcaminos

Everyone (guests) had masks on wherever required that I saw, everything seemed clean. We were very good about using sanitizer... Sometimes things just happen!
I hope you feel better soon! Sinus stuff sucks.
I've seen fellow guests swear up and down to cast in Spanish and the cast don't understand what they are saying. I do.
The jokes in Spanish I want to make to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom