News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
There will be no announcement. Signs will be changed from required to recommended and they will stay that way forever.
giphy.gif

Wendy Pleakley

I’ll give you one quick example, I could list many.

My daughters homecoming dance has been canceled.

Why?

Well you can’t have a dance with masks on because thats just about the dumbest thing ever, so they decided to have it outside.

Well the weather canceled that.

So no homecoming for these kids.

Who cares right?

Just add it to the saddening list of things they have missed out on.

So they could have had a dance but wouldn’t budge on masks? No one to blame but themselves.

Masking up is what allows us all to continue dining out, going to WDW, going to movies, flying, holding dances etc.

My life has been somewhat normal through all of this because most people are willing to put up with a minor, interim inconvenience.

VelocityRaptor

There are plenty of areas of the country where dining out, going to movies, and holding dances are all happening without masks. And it has been that way for a long time now.
I’m in the awful state of NY but not the city and we haven’t worn masks at restaurants, stores, etc in months. Went to a 150+ person wedding yesterday not a mask in sight both guests and staff. It was glorious.

Tom P.

On the specific subject of this thread, I do not believe that Disney falls into either of those categories. They are concerned about revenue and the sooner the pandemic is over, the better the chance they have of increasing revenue. And I think that they will be ending the mask mandate in their parks sooner rather than later given current conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heelz2315

On the specific subject of this thread, I do not believe that Disney falls into either of those categories. They are concerned about revenue and the sooner the pandemic is over, the better the chance they have of increasing revenue. And I think that they will be ending the mask mandate in their parks sooner rather than later given current conditions.

I wish I knew how soon so I can plan a trip. I’d also like to know If they’ll go back to then if cases go back up if masks will be left as “recommended” I’m certain areas permanently

Chi84

Premium Member
We just got back from WDW and received a survey that included several questions (with boxes for comments) on what we thought about the health and safety protocols - too much, too little, just enough and explain why. So Disney is interested in what its guests who are currently visit think about these things.

legwand77

Considering children and the immunocompromised are the only remaining groups that are still dying of this virus while also relying on others to do the right thing because they can’t yet, yes, it is quite selfish that 22% of eligible adults haven’t been vaccinated and that some unspecified percentage won’t wear masks in situations where the lead public health agency says they should. It is not hyperbolic to suggest that a non-zero number of children have died because people refuse to follow rules.

If that statement makes you angry, perhaps you are uncomfortable with some deep-seated guilt. Not that we need to unpack that here. We are just talking about wearing a piece of cloth over your mouth (not even nose because no one will say anything!) on a roller coaster.
Lost me at "considering only children and the immunocompromised groups are still dying now." just a bit off base with that little nugget.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think they want it all “back to normal”…but they have a responsibility to do it appropriately…unlike the morons spotting off “they know better” these last 21 months
I wish I knew how soon so I can plan a trip. I’d also like to know If they’ll go back to then if cases go back up if masks will be left as “recommended” I’m certain areas permanently
Nothing is stopping you, kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom