News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejs78

Premium Member
They didn't appear to cancel their trips the last time they lifted the indoor mask requirement. It pretty much seemed to be the same crowd level on the last day of indoor masks and the first day without them based on wait times. I was there the second day without them and under 10% of people were wearing them.

Yeah that isn't really conclusive. Also that was pre-delta.

ToTBellHop

Yep that hyperbole was a bit much, if one is that concerned about child deaths take a look at RSV flu and adjust your behavior as needed etc etc.
Considering children and the immunocompromised are the only remaining groups that are still dying of this virus while also relying on others to do the right thing because they can’t yet, yes, it is quite selfish that 22% of eligible adults haven’t been vaccinated and that some unspecified percentage won’t wear masks in situations where the lead public health agency says they should. It is not hyperbolic to suggest that a non-zero number of children have died because people refuse to follow rules.

If that statement makes you angry, perhaps you are uncomfortable with some deep-seated guilt. Not that we need to unpack that here. We are just talking about wearing a piece of cloth over your mouth (not even nose because no one will say anything!) on a roller coaster.

Trauma

Considering children and the immunocompromised are the only remaining groups that are still dying of this virus while also relying on others to do the right thing because they can’t yet, yes, it is quite selfish that 22% of eligible adults haven’t been vaccinated and that some unspecified percentage won’t wear masks in situations where the lead public health agency says they should. It is not hyperbolic to suggest that a non-zero number of children have died because people refuse to follow rules.

If that statement makes you angry, perhaps you are uncomfortable with some deep-seated guilt. Not that we need to unpack that here. We are just talking about wearing a piece of cloth over your mouth (not even nose because no one will say anything!) on a roller coaster.
Well since the chance of someone on this forum coming in contact with a child that died of Covid is .00000045% you are being just a touch hyperbolic.

Just a smidge.

Trauma

I've said it a million times: death is not the only negative outcome for kids here.
Still, the research we do have, experts said, suggests long Covid is not a big threat to kids. Looking at a sample of 1,700 children ages 5 to 17 in the UK, a study in The Lancet Child & Adolescent Health found that less than 2 percent experienced symptoms for at least eight weeks, and symptom severity appeared to decrease over time.

You can say whatever you want it doesn’t make it true

Joel

If that statement makes you angry, perhaps you are uncomfortable with some deep-seated guilt.
"If you don't like me implying you're killing children, maybe it's because you feel guilty about killing children!"

For what it's worth: as someone who got vaccinated about as soon as I could and follow mask rules, I find this kind of rhetoric pointless and annoying. I wonder what deep-seated psychological issues I have!

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I've said it a million times: death is not the only negative outcome for kids here.

You’re correct - the real threat is the two years of learning and socialization that children have lost. Kids that were 4th graders at the start of the pandemic are now in middle school and those on 8th grade are now 10th graders, many having switched schools and environments without ever having a change to properly transition from elementary to middle and middle to high school. Those who fail to realize that we will have a true lost generation on our hands unless we get our kids back to in-person learning are doing more damage than COVID.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Still, the research we do have, experts said, suggests long Covid is not a big threat to kids. Looking at a sample of 1,700 children ages 5 to 17 in the UK, a study in The Lancet Child & Adolescent Health found that less than 2 percent experienced symptoms for at least eight weeks, and symptom severity appeared to decrease over time.

You can say whatever you want it doesn’t make it true
That study is an outlier.

Most studies arrive at the 7%-12% range.

One study doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

correcaminos

Masks or no masks, as soon as DD is vaccinated, we're going. We need to visit our happy place after the last 19 months and the hell of virtual learning.
It's a great feeling when you can finally go. Our trip with us all vaccinated was amazing. Even with masks. Sure there were times I wished I could remove them but it was such a normal thing to do. Felt great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom