News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Perhaps unpopular opinion, but many of the pro mask mandate crowd at this point will never be happy with any restrictions/mandates being relaxed, this week this month or year. There is no way to remove risk 100% which is the unsaid/subconscious goal for them. It is a PTSD from what society has gone through. They will say we need to wait until an arbitrary time and then continue to push that out as that time approaches because it is too soon.
I disagree. I’ll be completely on board once the US has hit herd immunity, either through vaccination or infection and recovery.

maui2k7

For those that have inside info regarding Disney updating their mask policy today, is it a complete removal of all mask requirements across property or would masks still be in required for transportation (bus, skyliner, monorail)?

ToTBellHop

For those that have inside info regarding Disney updating their mask policy today, is it a complete removal of all mask requirements across property or would masks still be in required for transportation (bus, skyliner, monorail)?
I have not heard of a removal on transportation.

Wendy Pleakley

Masks were always meant to be a temporary measure to reduce illness while vaccines rolled out.

I would say the pro mask crowd wants people to get vaccinated so masks and restrictions can be lifted.

The pro mask crowd is becoming the anti anti-vaxxer crowd because they’re the reason things are slow to return to normal.
To add to this what I really want is vaccine mandates.

We’re beyond the point we should be putting up with anyone not doing the sensible thing for the benefit of all.

Any theme park or entertainment venue should require proof of vaccination.

Of course, the anti-mask crowd will also oppose this, but I’m more than over caring about what they believe.

Of course this will never happen in Florida.

Masks continue to be used, not because any of us love them, but because way too many people are refusing to do their part to end this.

Kamikaze

Money is being spent on Epic Universe now, that aside wasn't a new coaster at Universal built over the past year? Was that built with 0 CAPEX? when another park's coaster was delayed and postponed.
This is regarding the last quarter only.

You can read the report yourself, its public.

Purduevian

Of course this will never happen in Florida.
Wonder how this is working out on the cruise ships? I would think if cruise ships can do it, so should theme parks. Granted I think Disney would loose a LOT of money if they started requiring this for the parks.

For all sailings, Guests 12 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated and take a COVID-19 test upon embarkation. Guests 11 years old and under are not required to be vaccinated but must take a pre-trip NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test for COVID-19, as well as a rapid COVID-19 test upon embarkation. Learn more below.
Source: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney World has required their employees to get vaccinated, so it surprises me that even with vaccine compliance, they are still required to wear masks. What was the point of the vaccine requirement if not to pave the way for normalcy amongst their employees?
To get enough people vaccinated to create the situation where the virus levels become endemic.

…or was that a rhetorical question?

drnilescrane

Wonder how this is working out on the cruise ships? I would think if cruise ships can do it, so should theme parks. Granted I think Disney would loose a LOT of money if they started requiring this for the parks.

Source: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

There's pending enforcement action against DCL by the Florida Department of Health because of the cruise line mandate. In this instance, the requirement of the Bahamas to show proof of vaccination to enter castaway cay really does trump the state laws.

Personally I'm of the option that employer/federal travel mandates are a much more effective way of going about this without putting burden on business (and making the entire world a giant pain in the ), especially if public health orders are going to still be tied to transmission.

CJR

The number we're talking about is USO for the previous quarter. There are no projects that were in active development for the previous quarter there.

At Universal Orlando, it's lower than previous quarters absolutely, but that's because, unlike Disney, they actually finished the big project they had going. Even then, they are doing a pretty decent refurbishment right now on Poseidon's Fury that has been ongoing for several months. Not a "new attraction", but it's not free for them either.

Plenty of projects will be coming soon too - specifically replacing Shrek and FF Live (also a Mummy refurb). While construction hasn't started on those yet, they have been in development, which isn't free.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There's pending enforcement action against DCL by the Florida Department of Health because of the cruise line mandate. In this instance, the requirement of the Bahamas to show proof of vaccination to enter castaway cay really does trump the state laws.

Personally I'm of the option that employer/federal travel mandates are a much more effective way of going about this without putting burden on business (and making the entire world a giant pain in the ***), especially if public health orders are going to still be tied to transmission.
That will fail…because the Norwegian ruling against Florida has pretty much set the precedent. That nonsense political theater is just that.

I only say this because I’m about to take my mandatory covid test right now for my Sunday departure on Royal caribbean after I uploaded my proof of vaccination for everyone over 12…no exceptions.

Lilofan

That will fail…because the Norwegian ruling against Florida has pretty much set the precedent. That nonsense political theater is just that.

I only say this because I’m about to take my mandatory covid test right now for my Sunday departure on Royal caribbean after I uploaded my proof of vaccination for everyone over 12…no exceptions.
Have a great time and hurricane season ends Nov 1! Great timing!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At Universal Orlando, it's lower than previous quarters absolutely, but that's because, unlike Disney, they actually finished the big project they had going. Even then, they are doing a pretty decent refurbishment right now on Poseidon's Fury that has been ongoing for several months. Not a "new attraction", but it's not free for them either.

Plenty of projects will be coming soon too - specifically replacing Shrek and FF Live (also a Mummy refurb). While construction hasn't started on those yet, they have been in development, which isn't free.

Universal has shown a much higher commitment to their parks over this shutdown…no question.

I wonder if the fast and furious closure will be an expansion to Diagon as had been rumored?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom