News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Ariel

There is some truth of this for quite a few people. The trauma of the pandemic has consequences for some for sure. I can be super sympathetic to this but at the same time I don't enjoy living in fear. There is a fine balance to be made and for some it will be nearly impossible to reason through though a therapist might help.

For the average person it doesn't affect it like you are saying. I was relieved totally and dropped masks when allowed. I also wear when asked. I balance it mentally okay considering my other issues lol.

There are some who absolutely developed PTSD and will almost never feel comfortable. For these people it will be true. As I said I can understand even though I'm totally comfortable out and about. I follow social cues and as masks are being dropped as cases here drop, I'm good to remove.

I do hope that we will have choices with masks indoors soon. Sometimes they help with smells ;) and have happily used them for that reason alone, but there were times I really wanted to remove just because it felt pointless.
I have no hesitation saying I’ve been one of those people who’ve had a more traumatic response to all of this. But the heart of that response is due to my high risk child. Once that factor is resolved, that will help me tremendously.

maui2k7

Imagine that all you want, but the change in policy will be announced by Monday, probably today.
Geez - I just base my assumption on the strictness of Disney compared to others and then everyone jumps on me. I did not say I want them to stay in place, but based on Disney and their strict policies compared to other theme parks.

correcaminos

I have no hesitation saying I’ve been one of those people who’ve had a more traumatic response to all of this. But the heart of that response is due to my high risk child. Once that factor is resolved, that will help me tremendously.
I can understand that. My worry had never been for me either. I am so glad you will get the relief you need soon. I just acknowledge that while most have that sense of relief, some people's brains do them harm by not being able to undo their stresses. GAD and PTSD are evil things sometimes and trick us into horrible cycles. People over use the word trigger as a nasty thing now, but real triggers are hard to reason with and over a year of unending fear for some will require help to get over - if they ever can.

G00fyDad

Perhaps unpopular opinion, but many of the pro mask mandate crowd at this point will never be happy with any restrictions/mandates being relaxed, this week this month or year. There is no way to remove risk 100% which is the unsaid/subconscious goal for them. It is a PTSD from what society has gone through. They will say we need to wait until an arbitrary time and then continue to push that out as that time approaches because it is too soon.

I am pro-mask and I would love nothing more than to get back to a pre-COVID point where masks are history.

DisneyCane

I disagree. I think most will be on board once all have an opportunity to be vaccinated. I know I will be significantly more at ease with all of this once I’m able to get DD vaccinated - hopefully starting next week.

the rush of relief I experienced when the fda panel announced it would recommend approval on Tuesday was an intense combo of relief, happiness, crying, finally feeling like there is a light at the end of this tunnel.
If you are that worried about your daughter then you shouldn't be going to WDW, masks or no masks, until she is vaccinated. The indoor mask policy is not making it that much "safer" for her.

spresso81

My vacation at WDW starts on Monday and I am so excited to see the chance the mandate being lifted as increased from zero to say maybe 51%...

corsairk09

Geez - I just base my assumption on the strictness of Disney compared to others and then everyone jumps on me. I did not say I want them to stay in place, but based on Disney and their strict policies compared to other theme parks.
How dare you have an opinion. ;)

legwand77

WDW is by far the outlier and most strict at this point and has been for quite some time. More of an extreme outlier after this week, if the don't remove the masks

legwand77

If you are that worried about your daughter then you shouldn't be going to WDW, masks or no masks, until she is vaccinated. The indoor mask policy is not making it that much "safer" for her.
Yes, unfortunately high risk, immunocompromised have those challenges everyday, even before covid.

In addition, I always find it fascinating the warnings to riding rides with physical considerations at WDW. Easy to say a great deal of people with at least one or more of those considerations are riding the ride each time.

Kamikaze

If that was the main reason then why even attempt to get more attendance? Just cap it with a reservation system and keep the expenses where they were.
The costs are lower because they aren't spending any money on building anything currently - not really anything to do with staffing or attendance.

CJR

Universal is currently building a park down the street almost 4x the size of Epcot alone, largest Universal park in the US and at a cost of 6+ billion

Not in to mention, in California, Super Nintendo World is well under construction. They also just opened up a major roller coaster in IoA and have multiple projects in development at USO.

nickys

Premium Member
I don’t think anyone jumped on you, it’s just that three posters who do have some reliable information know what is planned to happen.
In fact one of them is one of our most prolific and reliable “insiders” on the boards - only he changed his user-name recently which means he’s not so “visible” perhaps. 😉

Lilofan

So we still looking for an announcement today or was that just wild speculation?
I think in a few days since public relations needs to be involved. I would think before the public Wall Street Q4 earnings call with Chapek and the CFO on Nov 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom