News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy Pleakley

Many places with much much higher vaccination rates than Florida (see: Canada) had a Delta surge and mask mandates were brought back, with good reason.

It would be really short sighted to, once again, essentially declare "mission accomplished" as soon as things start to show improvement and remove restrictions prematurely.

If COVID rates go down and masks helped with that, the best thing to do in my opinion is stay the course.

There will, of course, continue to be backlash from the vaccinated population who are tired of rules that exist because so many people continue to refuse to be vaccinated.

It's really past time to lay down the law, and make vaccines mandatory for all non-essential activities. Locally, I need to be vaccinated to fly on an airplane, eat in a restaurant, see a movie, and even keep my job. This is necessary for the common good.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The parts of Florida where people actually live in numbers had them for a very long time, and many businesses (including mine) still enforce them. A lot of people still wear them.
I'm not anti-mask. I'm anti-overselling-the-efficacy-of-masks because it dilutes how important vaccines are. Vax-skeptics are more dangerous than mask-skeptics, and by forcing vaxxed people to mask, I think we create more vax-skeptics.

ABQ

The parts of Florida where people actually live in numbers had them for a very long time, and many businesses (including mine) still enforce them. A lot of people still wear them.
Curious what those rules are, as outside of the bat boy, I didn't see very many wearing masks at the Tampa/Red Sox game with over 40k people inside that stadium. I assume Tropicana field is within an area that people actually live, though the empty regular season games may prove otherwise.

Last edited:

Trauma

Curious what those rules are, as outside of the bat boy, I didn't see very many wearing masks at the Tampa/Red Sox game with over 40k people inside that stadium. I assume Tropicana field is within an area that people actually live, thought the empty regular season games may prove otherwise.
The Horror!!

Casper Gutman

I'm not anti-mask. I'm anti-overselling-the-efficacy-of-masks because it dilutes how important vaccines are. Vax-skeptics are more dangerous than mask-skeptics, and by forcing vaxxed people to mask, I think we create more vax-skeptics.
You’re right, vaccines are a lot better then masks. But vax-sceptics are forcing everyone to mask. We are not creating vax-sceptics by mandating masks. Vax-sceptics are being created by a complex web of social and political forces that certain leading participants find very profitable. Anyone claiming they were made vax-resistant because of mask mandates is Almost certainly lying. The game for the resistant is to keep moving the goalposts - oh, I’m worried because it only has an EUA. Oh, I’m worried because Fauci said something contradictory over a year ago. Oh, I’m worried because local governments are mandating masks. It’s a game. We need massive vaccine mandates and, until then, indoor mask mandates.

JoeCamel

You’re right, vaccines are a lot better then masks. But vax-sceptics are forcing everyone to mask. We are not creating vax-sceptics by mandating masks. Vax-sceptics are being created by a complex web of social and political forces that certain leading participants find very profitable. Anyone claiming they were made vax-resistant because of mask mandates is Almost certainly lying. The game for the resistant is to keep moving the goalposts - oh, I’m worried because it only has an EUA. Oh, I’m worried because Fauci said something contradictory over a year ago. Oh, I’m worried because local governments are mandating masks. It’s a game. We need massive vaccine mandates and, until then, indoor mask mandates.
I am now masking for myself and flu season but the maskholes/vaxholes are what is causing the vaxed to mask. Not great protection but something.
Shots in arms and masks go away, how simple could it be?

Last edited:

JoeCamel

That's how it SHOULD be, but it's not how it is. My town is something like 95% of eligible population vaxxed. My employer has a vax mandate. And I'm STILL not allowed back in my office.
I think you misunderstood my comment, if enough get the vaccine then both the vaxed and unvaxed/cant be vaxed can unmask. Until then I think both should mask and distance.

mikejs78

Premium Member
That's how it SHOULD be, but it's not how it is. My town is something like 95% of eligible population vaxxed. My employer has a vax mandate. And I'm STILL not allowed back in my office.
I mean there is certainly some over reaction. The general rule of thumb is if you are in an area of high transmission + low vax rate, everyone, even vaxxed, should mask. If you're in an area of low community spread and high vax, masking isn't really necessary.

Piebald

I agree vaccine mandates > mask mandates. Of the 9 people I know/know of who have died from covid, not one was vaccinated. Not a single one. And only one of those deaths resulted in someone really kind of stepping back and urging all those who knew the individual to please get vaccinated. The rest were just like "how could this happen?

Bonus- one even had a funeral and family said "masks were optional' 🤦🏻‍♂️

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I agree vaccine mandates > mask mandates. Of the 9 people I know/know of who have died from covid, not one was vaccinated. Not a single one. And only one of those deaths resulted in someone really kind of stepping back and urging all those who knew the individual to please get vaccinated. The rest were just like "how could this happen?

Bonus- one even had a funeral and family said "masks were optional' 🤦🏻‍♂️
You know NINE people who died of COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom