Disney' market cap hits 300 billion

seascape

Original Poster
This morning on the futures market Disney gained over 8% and broke the $300 billion market cap. Their market cap was around $180 billion before the Fox merger. That merger was for less that $50 billion after deducting the Sky sale and the RSN's. So even with the Covid19 disaster Disney has gained over $70 billion. Now as long as the stock closes over $165.99 it will close with a $300.00 market cap.

jmp85

This morning on the futures market Disney gained over 8% and broke the $300 billion market cap. Their market cap was around $180 billion before the Fox merger. That merger was for less that $50 billion after deducting the Sky sale and the RSN's. So even with the Covid19 disaster Disney has gained over $70 billion. Now as long as the stock closes over $165.99 it will close with a $300.00 market cap.

I'm riding my DIS stock to the moon.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Its over $315B now being up over $20 today at midday. Market liked what they saw from the Investor Day yesterday, its a Streaming World and Disney is about to own it.

seascape

Original Poster
Its over $315B now being up over $20 today at midday. Market liked what they saw from the Investor Day yesterday, its a Streaming World and Disney is about to own it.
I hope the theaters survive and based on yesterday's announcements it appears Disney does too. Disney can continue to dominate the box office and be the number 1 streaming company. Think of it this way, the profits from streaming can be 28 billion, split anyway you want and 7 billion from the box office. Then add in 5 to 6 billion from the parks and finally 11 billion from media. That is 50 to 52 billion and that is reasonable for 2020. Just a 15 PE would give them a market cap of 750 billion.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I hope the theaters survive and based on yesterday's announcements it appears Disney does too. Disney can continue to dominate the box office and be the number 1 streaming company. Think of it this way, the profits from streaming can be 28 billion, split anyway you want and 7 billion from the box office. Then add in 5 to 6 billion from the parks and finally 11 billion from media. That is 50 to 52 billion and that is reasonable for 2020. Just a 15 PE would give them a market cap of 750 billion.
Well I wouldn't say that Disney is completely "sold" on theaters coming back in full. What they are doing is to positioning themselves to pivot to an all streaming world if needed. But they will still release to theaters if a market still exists. Remember the comments from Disney is that they will go in whatever direction the market moves.

seascape

Original Poster
I just realized that Disney is larger than Netflix (222.32B), AT&T (220.977B), and Comcast(233.021B) just from that investor's call.
Prior to Disney buying Fox and Comcast buying Sky, Comcast's market cap was bigger than Disney's. Comcast purchased Sky for 30 billion and Disney purchased Fox, less their Sky share and the RSN's for less than 50 billion. Based on the market caps today, Disney's purchase was better. I only wish they could have gotten Sky too. As for Netflix it wasn't that long ago their market cap was bigger than either Comcast or Disney, so both companies have done well with their purchases. Netflix should buy one of the remaining studios and their library. That would allow them to reduce their royalty payments to others and increase their profits.

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

Speaking of that if Disney can hit their numbers (230 to 260MM for Disney+) plus ESPN+ and Hulu then it stands to reason that the market value for Disney+ alone would be worth something similar to what NFLX would be at that time. Add to that Disney's other businesses that are bound to have a nice rebound post covid normalization, especially parks and cruise, then one should expect DIS as a whole to be worth at least double that.

Right now it's about time for them to do a stock split too IMO.

Slpy3270

Speaking of that if Disney can hit their numbers (230 to 260MM for Disney+) plus ESPN+ and Hulu then it stands to reason that the market value for Disney+ alone would be worth something similar to what NFLX would be at that time. Add to that Disney's other businesses that are bound to have a nice rebound post covid normalization, especially parks and cruise, then one should expect DIS as a whole to be worth at least double that.

Right now it's about time for them to do a stock split too IMO.
Can't wait for Intel and Chevron to finally get expelled from the Dow if that happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom