Rumor Disney Looking To Trade The Theme Park Rights of Alien with Universal in exchange for Black Panther to Build a Wakanda Pavillion at Epcot

ParkFan550

Original Poster
It is expected to happen soon as recently, I talked to a Cast Member online about it. He said that ever since the success of Black Panther last year, Disney Imagineers have been secretly planning on building a whole pavilion themed to the fictional country of Wakanda in the World Showcase. They plan on building it right next to the China and Germany pavilions. Ever since the full acquisition of 20th Century Fox, this deal between exchanging the rights of Alien and Black Panther with Universal has been coming very close to happening as Disney could soon announce this whole new project at D23

thequeuelinelectures

Yeah sorry but I seriously doubt this. It just flies in the face of how all Disney and Universal look at their own IP's now. They only want to make movies and build attractions that support IP they own rather than licensing IP from other people. Why would Universal be interested in Alien? Why build attractions that would support a film franchise now owned by their direct competitor? It's just not how the industry works.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It is expected to happen soon as recently, I talked to a Cast Member online about it. He said that ever since the success of Black Panther last year, Disney Imagineers have been secretly planning on building a whole pavilion themed to the fictional country of Wakanda in the World Showcase. They plan on building it right next to the China and Germany pavilions. Ever since the full acquisition of 20th Century Fox, this deal between exchanging the rights of Alien and Black Panther with Universal has been coming very close to happening as Disney could soon announce this whole new project at D23

Was this a front line CM or someone higher up, because front line CM are very unreliable with rumors.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah sorry but I seriously doubt this. It just flies in the face of how all Disney and Universal look at their own IP's now. They only want to make movies and build attractions that support IP they own rather than licensing IP from other people. Why would Universal be interested in Alien? Why build attractions that would support a film franchise now owned by their direct competitor? It's just not how the industry works.

Universal doesn't have a big enough pool of good IP's to draw from so they don't seem to have a problem licensing outside IPs. Alien would be a good fit for Universal, especially if they are selling them all the rights, not just theme parks. This would be a trade for something that they aren't using. The only reason to hang on to Black Panther is to keep it our of Disney's hands.

With that said, I am pretty skeptical about this.

ParkFan550

Original Poster
Was this a front line CM or someone higher up, because front line CM are very unreliable with rumors.
It was a CM who was at the Tower of Terror at Disney Hollywood Studios and he was telling me all of what Disney was planning including a Toy Story Woody’s Roundup show to replace Country Bears Jamboree, and that the Enchanted Tiki Room will be rethemed to Moana

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It was a CM who was at the Tower of Terror at Disney Hollywood Studios and he was telling me all of what Disney was planning including a Toy Story Woody’s Roundup show to replace Country Bears Jamboree, and that the Enchanted Tiki Room will be rethemed to Moana

This is a not a reliable source. The other two rumors have been circulating on the internet this week after a certain site posted them. Disney has already shot down the Moana rumor. Front-line CM's tend to know less about what is going to happen in the parks then people who frequent these message boards.

Slpy3270

This is a not a reliable source. The other two rumors have been circulating on the internet this week after a certain site posted them. Disney has already shot down the Moana rumor. Front-line CM's tend to know less about what is going to happen in the parks then people who frequent these message boards.

Agreed. Most cast members, given their pay grade, don't know much about the inner workings of what's going on at R&D at WDI. They're no sources.

smile

were you, by chance, offered a bridge?

That CM is 0 for 2

1 for 1, at least
;)

trainplane3

Uuuuhhh....between Germany and China? That's the support area for the 2021 show...
Besides that...I really don't know what else to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom