Disney Kudos / NextGen phase II?

TinkerBelle8878

My first thought: Enough with the phones already. Unless Disney is planning on outfitting every guest with a phone that can handle the apps required for these things or paying all the overage fees and roaming that will hit users when they get their next bill, perhaps putting all the eggs in the smartphone/iphone basket isn't the smartest idea.

doctornick

My first thought: Enough with the phones already. Unless Disney is planning on outfitting every guest with a phone that can handle the apps required for these things or paying all the overage fees and roaming that will hit users when they get their next bill, perhaps putting all the eggs in the smartphone/iphone basket isn't the smartest idea.

While I tend to agree -- right now -- I think there's an argument that this is Disney preparing for a future where connectivity is virtually limitless and instantaneous for everyone and trying to get ahead of that curve. I don't think it really justifies the massive cost and am skeptical it will really have a significant impact, but if it hypothetically works out well, it could be the sort of thing that gets Disney praise for being forward thinking and "ahead of their time".

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I like the idea. All the screen shots are of Disneyland items and DL gets lots of locals. Also the fact that Disneyland was on the top 10 most Instagramed locations of 2012 (4 other SoCal spots where on the list) seems to show that those locals have lots of smart phones and like to use them in the parks.

Californian Elitist

I like the idea. All the screen shots are of Disneyland items and DL gets lots of locals. Also the fact that Disneyland was on the top 10 most Instagramed locations of 2012 (4 other SoCal spots where on the list) seems to show that those locals have lots of smart phones and like to use them in the parks.

The Disneyland Resort was also in the top 10 for most Facebook check-ins.:)

Genie of the Lamp

All I can say here is that I hope Disneyland doesn't get too attached on this interactive game bandwagon that will translate to more of this and less of new attractions such as the rumored Iron Man ride.

matt9112

with WIFI in the parks...overage will be limited and roaming? you still have roaming limitation on your plans? alot of those small issues have begun to disappear. the only real issue now is Data limits and as long as your on WIFI most of the time your set.

Tip Top Club

I can't speak for Disneyland, but 85% of Walt Disney World Visitors have at least one smart phone in their group. And that number will only grow.

And the data etc should be covered by in park wi-fi now available in most guest areas resort-wide.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
I hope so. I like this kind of thing.

I think plussing the queues is a fantastic idea. Going to any park means you'll inevitably end up in line. Making the line as fun as the ride - or at least even closer to the same level as fun - is a huge benefit to park guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom