News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

ArmoredRodent

What was the old Epcot daytime sky spectacular with daytime fireworks, ultralight aircraft with banners, and I think I remember kites?

I just looked it up and the one with kites was Surprise in the Skies (not the earlier Skyleidescope). That was actually pretty good for what it was. The kites were kites, rather than IP characters, but they were really big.

Last edited:
Is it though? It’s in a theater and is being promoted. I love atmosphere entertainment like D’Vine but guest expectations are different when it’s promoted as a show in a theater.
I think for me I hear outdoors, middle of days and kites I was never expecting a Broadway type show. This video was pretty much what I was expecting based on initial descriptions. I don’t think kites were ever going to be a Rivers of Light or Finding Nemo type of entertainment. I equated it with the characters popping up in boats. It’s pretty, amusing and good atmosphere

Brer Panther

Is this the worst name for a show ever?
I dunno, it's hard to top "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!"...
And maybe it would have been... but then the whole world went to **** for two years.
Iger and Chapek probably love that this pandemic gave them an excuse to not do anything exciting (exciting = expensive) for the 50th Anniversary.

Karakasa

To all you people who complained about ROL. I hate you.
It was my sibling's favorite nighttime show because of the lack of fireworks (they're really sensitive to loud noises) and I really liked it myself so I was sad to see it go. I was hoping what replaced it in its theater would be to the same level but uh.... Whew probably not, huh?

I also feel like the Zazu kite was probably not the best choice to show off to show us what quality we're working with....... I'd be more willing to accept it if it seemed handmade but it really does look like a used car sales blowup balloon that got printed out of a machine.

It was my sibling's favorite nighttime show because of the lack of fireworks (they're really sensitive to loud noises) and I really liked it myself so I was sad to see it go. I was hoping what replaced it in its theater would be to the same level but uh.... Whew probably not, huh?

I also feel like the Zazu kite was probably not the best choice to show off to show us what quality we're working with....... I'd be more willing to accept it if it seemed handmade but it really does look like a used car sales blowup balloon that got printed out of a machine.
I don’t know if this is true, I don’t have any insider information just a cast member friend and a low level manager friend who both said they heard rumblings (pre-COVID mind you) of doing some sort of show there that was more similar to World of Color but using the technology they largely had in place. No clue if it’s true but that could be a great reuse of the the theater for the evening. Or a cirque type water show at night.

I mean I am sure a DAK night show is not a current priority but it could still happen. I do agree though and hope they do an evening usage too!

Karakasa

I don’t know if this is true, I don’t have any insider information just a cast member friend and a low level manager friend who both said they heard rumblings (pre-COVID mind you) of doing some sort of show there that was more similar to World of Color but using the technology they largely had in place. No clue if it’s true but that could be a great reuse of the the theater for the evening. Or a cirque type water show at night.

I mean I am sure a DAK night show is not a current priority but it could still happen. I do agree though and hope they do an evening usage too!
Now that would be cool. Hopefully that or something similar pans out!

Disneyson

I think this is likely going to be the best thing to come out of the 50th, TBH. Gonna hold a grudge against Enchantment, Harmonious actively destroys sight lines, and Rat seems like a worse version of M&MRR and Rise. I like kites, reminds me of some of the old EPCOT entertainment.

Brooklin Disney Dad

It’s at least something to do while waiting with young kids who can’t go on EE. It’ll be like the monkeys in front of KRR. They are there but I don’t need to stop and stare at them foe 40 min. We often bring a towel to the parks with us, or a change of clothes for KRR, so those can be used should we choose to sit for the show.

rkleinlein

I was expecting some really cool kites, like huge Chinese dragons or the like. Something to make you say, “Wow look at that!” But these kites look like they came from Wal-Mart. And we’ve all seen more impressive inflatables on display in Lowe’s at Halloween. It’s embarrassing.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

This looks terrible. Aaaaaannnnddd….who wants to sit in the seats out in the heat? There is no coverage out there…going to be scorching more than half the year.
It's opening October 1st, so weather will be less of an issue. I view this as a diversionary thing and I imagine expectations for it are low. This isn't a Rivers of Light replacement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom