News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

StarshipDisney

Just watched a number of videos on YouTube covering the new kite show.

So this is what Disney came up with to replace Rivers of Light? Really...just a few small boats pulling kites around the lagoon. How lame can you get? What a joke!

Well, I guess the kites, the few drivers, and a little gas are definitely much cheaper and that is certainly what Bob "the Disney Destroyer" Chapek is all about. Just more "Disney Diminished".

peter11435

So this is what Disney came up with to replace Rivers of Light? Really...just a few small boats pulling kites around the lagoon. How lame can you get? What a joke!

Well, I guess the kites, the few drivers, and a little gas are definitely much cheaper and that is certainly what Bob "the Disney Destroyer" Chapek is all about. Just more "Disney Diminished".
This wasn’t meant as a Rivers of Light replacement

UNCgolf

I don't think it's fair to call it a replacement for Rivers of Light. RoL was a nighttime show that was supposed to close out the park for the day and draw everyone there like the fireworks shows at the other parks.

KiteTails is a daytime show that runs multiple times a day.

mm52200

This was designed to run alongside Rivers actually. Also the show and the kites were not cheap to develop, they were quite expensive to develop and maintain. But sure go off having no idea what you’re talking about.

Nottamus

What I liked about the show is you can watch it from many places outside of theatre and still get the full show idea

does anyone have to do it daily, probably not. Kids should like it a lot

Watching Baloo land on his head last day I was there was almost funny/tragic looking, but all around me laughed-

first kites, then maybe drones, then maybe drones with lasers and water fountains shooting from them.

Animonious

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Crash landings now part of the Disney KiteTails show at Disney's Animal Kingdom​

Disney-KiteTails_Full_44556.jpg

JIMINYCR

Wait...How dare they intentionally crash these animal representative kites. Dont they know how they can potentially scar and damage the audience watching kids. Even kite animals should be treated with kindness and not so callously used solely for the entertainment value of the crowds. Woke Disney where are you??? THIS MUST STOP. ;);):p:p:p Petitions ready for action.

JoeCamel

Wait...How dare they intentionally crash these animal representative kites. Dont they know how they can potentially scar and damage the audience watching kids. Even kite animals should be treated with kindness and not so callously used solely for the entertainment value of the crowds. Woke Disney where are you??? THIS MUST STOP. ;);):p:p:p Petitions ready for action.
Think of this. They put netting up over the seats and land them on that? Shade and PETA goes home

OG Runner

I agree. The show should now be combined with a fireworks show. Instead of crashing the kites at the end of the performance they
will just explode in mid-air. I would go and see that show.

Dear Prudence

I think that if it were just the pre show turtles and the bit and the elephant kites with the puppet dancers, I think it would be better. The puppetry on the elephant costumes and the monkeys and the cranes is really good. It's the giant balloon ones that kill it for me. They're just so awkward. Which is a shame because the puppet and more traditional kites are actually quite lovely.

DCBaker

Premium Member
AP exclusive seating announced for some dates in December -

"Disney KiteTails Passholder Entrance – December 1, 2021 to December 15, 2021

Watch as favorite Characters take to the sky at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park as part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration.

From December 1 to 15, 2021, Passholders have access to an exclusive seating section during all available showtimes for Disney KiteTails.

Once seated, Passholders will be treated to a 10-minute kite display taking flight over Discovery River Theater. During this time you could see one of the following:

A show inspired by The Lion King, featuring kites of Simba, Zazu and more
A show inspired by The Jungle Book, featuring kites of King Louie, Baloo and more

Seating is limited and Annual Passholders should plan to arrive no later than 5 minutes before showtime. To enter, Passholders should head toward the entrance across from Theater in the Wild and show their valid Annual Pass card to a Cast Member. Passholder Entrance signage will also be available to help guide Passholders to the correct entrance.

Valid Annual Pass and park reservation required for entry. Passholder must present a valid Annual Pass card and government-issued photo ID to enter. To enter, Passholders should look for the Passholder Entrance signage at the Disney KiteTails main seating entrance where a Cast Member will direct them to their seating. Location, entertainment and operating hours subject to change or cancellation without notice or liability."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom