News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

bubbles1812

I like how in a few short weeks we have transitioned from "literally the most embarrassing show ever" to "actually sort of fun" to "definitely better than Harmonious"
Having now personally seen it, I thought it was overall cute if quite silly. It’s a little 10-15 minute offering that you can use as an excuse to rest your feet, which is exactly what we used it for.

(I do not think it is better than Harmonious. And this is coming from someone who’s favorite all time show was/is ROE.)

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

Has anyone snuck in scorecards yet to judge the landings?

people score GIF by South Park

Dear Prudence

Your post LITERALLY says “watching that footage”…. You told us that you hadn’t.
You made some huge grandstanding post about me pre judging it, and then you prejudge ME because I said the YouTube footage I saw made me cringe without me having said before or after if I had seen it. sure, Jan.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
You made some huge grandstanding post about me pre judging it, and then you prejudge ME because I said the YouTube footage I saw made me cringe without me having said before or after if I had seen it. sure, Jan.
I didn’t pre-judge you, Prudy. You provided us with a full-docket of information about how you had literally formed an opinion based off of a video clip. You’re just mad you were called out.

Dear Prudence

I didn’t pre-judge you, Prudy. You provided us with a full-docket of information about how you had literally formed an opinion based off of a video clip. You’re just mad you were called out.
It was such an innocuous, off hand comment about a pitiful offering by the WDC that didn't merit your comment, at all. You didn't call me out. Call me out on what, a comment that was clearly light hearted and making a joke? Please.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
It was such an innocuous, off hand comment about a pitiful offering by the WDC that didn't merit your comment, at all. You didn't call me out. Call me out on what, a comment that was clearly light hearted and making a joke? Please.
Again, it wasn’t an offhand comment. You’re calling an offering pitiful, which is an opinion you formed based on a video clip, not from seeing it in person. We know this because you told us in your original post, which I found to be an uneducated way of forming an opinion.
And just to be clear, this was your original post:
“I still cannot believe that the show is this bad and it's still going. The level of second-hand embarrassment I experience watching that footage....”
There’s nothing “light-hearted” or “joking” about your post.

doctornick

Hmm... how old does one have to be to get the usage of score cards? ;)
Do they not use them anymore at the Olympics? I guess the scores pop up electronically to the viewers at home, but I'm not sure how the judges relay (though typing them in electronically probably makes sense)

Doesn't Dancing with the Stars use score cards though?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do they not use them anymore at the Olympics? I guess the scores pop up electronically to the viewers at home, but I'm not sure how the judges relay (though typing them in electronically probably makes sense)

Doesn't Dancing with the Stars use score cards though?
They haven't used cards at the Olympics for a long time. And scoring systems based on zero to ten are rare or part of scores that are based on giving out points for attempted elements and how well each element was completed.

UNCgolf

I think they still use score cards at the NBA Drunk Contest, or at least were pretty recently, so people are likely familiar with it from there if nothing else.

There's also just general cultural osmosis where people pick up things from watching older movies, TV shows, etc.

EDIT: Just noticed the typo but I'm leaving it because it made me chuckle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom