News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

Tom Morrow

My entire point is that the people that poured their heart and soul into it likely worked with very tough circumstances and had to make constrained choices. A level of grace should then be given to them instead of just destroying them on social media.

Nothing like being given limited time, stripped away budgets, and a constrained environment to come out with a show by your bosses. Then you do the best you can and the end result just gets laughed at and ridiculed.

I'm far from a Disney apologist, but the level of toxicity in the fan community can be pretty rediculous at times.

But, given the circumstances, surely they knew they weren't working on the next Citizen Kane of theme park shows? They worked hard on it to make it happen, but also that's their job and what they were instructed to do.

castlecake2.0

My entire point is that the people that poured their heart and soul into it likely worked with very tough circumstances and had to make constrained choices. A level of grace should then be given to them instead of just destroying them on social media.

Nothing like being given limited time, stripped away budgets, and a constrained environment to come out with a show by your bosses. Then you do the best you can and the end result just gets laughed at and ridiculed.

I'm far from a Disney apologist, but the level of toxicity in the fan community can be pretty rediculous at times.
That’s like saying a ride that crashes all the time shouldn’t get complaints because the designers “tried hard” to make a good ride. The show isn’t good, it was a miss, the best thing for them to do is admit it and tweak or replace it. I’m not calling for anyone to be fired, but this show just isn’t good, and the fans are making it known

LSLS

Not enough time or budget and being told to find a way to make something happen? You just described 95% of everyone's jobs. They failed at their job. It just so happens it's hilarious to watch because of it.

I mean, toxicity because people are pointing and laughing at their failures in their job? Have you never watched blooper reals before? Heck, have you never had your company hired to fix a mess another company created and gone "what were they thinking?"

DCBaker

Premium Member
Lining up a half hour before the first show of the day.

4C2508EF-42AF-414E-B9EC-32D97FA08867.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom