News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

Dan Deesnee

Shouldn't that be a kite string budget?

But in all seriousness, do you have inside knowledge? Do we know they were given pittance?

Personally, no. But from what I've read, it was a low budget affair.

Again, talented people trying to make the best with what they were given. It's clear some people here just have to be negative about almost everything and seem to take some sort of joy out of trashing on people's hard work.

LovePop

Where is Bob Chapek when you need him? He took out the Minnievans, the DME, the free fastpass. Why is he letting this kite embarrassment go on for yet another day? But doesn't matter, all the kites will be broken before long and Disney will have to shut it down. And Mr. Chapek, please don't forget to fire every single person who conceived, encouraged, or approved this idea because they are delusional. Even smart people come up bad ideas sometimes, but to let to go to fruition like this indicates a severe need of therapy.

LovePop

Would a larger budget have helped? Possibly.
I respectfully disagree. No amount of budget would help a kite show. A kite show is ridiculous by its own nature. That's why you don't see people doing kite shows, even though it can be done nearly anywhere with wind and open space. Kites fly in the air, you can't see them very well no matter how expensive they are. And you can't make them dance and sing to music, like you can with fireworks. And you can't have too many of them crowded together, or the strings will tangle. And if the wind is too strong, they can get blown away and never to be found again. If kite shows aren't done in other places due to its lack of popularity, then Disney world should be the last place to hold a kite show.

Cmdr_Crimson

The show is getting worse and worse...I think it's time the amphitheater just becomes a relic and themed area from a bygone era of asia..Where we could say.."Wow remember when they use to do shows here?" Come on Bobby boy with that lying smile just watch the show and see what a polished turd looks like..
#groundkitetails...

063.gif

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Again, talented people trying to make the best with what they were given. It's clear some people here just have to be negative about almost everything and seem to take some sort of joy out of trashing on people's hard work.
Maybe the whole problem is that they were given a shoestring kite string budget to create a show to begin with?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You know some very talented people were given a shoestring budget and told to make a show for animal Kingdom.

I won't sit here and mock what they did, make fun of it, or even really criticize it. I applaud KiteTails and all those who worked on it. I think what they put together is cute, fun, imaginative, and something that I can see my younger kids along with many other people really enjoying.

It honestly makes me a bit sad to read some of the comments both here and on social media. 😒
The problem is not just the budget….who in the heck green lit a show like this. For Disney. It’s honestly sad and embarrassing to even think this is being done in a Disney park the way it was done in this caliber.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

I'm pretty sure people on here are trashing corporate, not the folks trying their best. :)

Although... The folks trying their best also made Harmonius with a much much MUCH larger budget... So........ lol

Dan Deesnee

I'm pretty sure people on here are trashing corporate, not the folks trying their best. :)

Although... The folks trying their best also made Harmonius with a much much MUCH larger budget... So........ lol

That may be the case but on social media there is no clear distinction. Some of the people that worked on this and tried their best are no doubt reading those comments.

Again, I think the show is a cute, fun idea for that space. Would I rather have a 100 million dollar production of a different amazing show? Sure.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I won't be giving them the equivalent of participation trophies. Hard work isn't a reward in and of itself. The results are what matters. A for effort doesn't really fly... just like their kites! Budget isn't to blame. Top brass thinking this a good idea was/is the issue. A small offering like this is a great idea on paper but the concept has to actually work for it to be successful. Assuming they just licensed it out - Did anyone actually watch the performances of similar shows or test it's feasibility before greenlighting it?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom