News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

CJR

I think this will be fun to look at when I walk by, but I won't be heading into the uncovered amphitheater to watch it.

It almost feels like they wanted a parade, but didn't get the budget for floats. Too bad they got rid of Jammin' Jungle.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I think this will be fun to look at when I walk by, but I won't be heading into the uncovered amphitheater to watch it.

It almost feels like they wanted a parade, but didn't get the budget for floats. Too bad they got rid of Jammin' Jungle.
Actually some type of interesting designed boats with effects and characters paraded around the lake with music would have been MUCH better but ya know that costs more money than a few kites

Sir_Cliff

I must have bad taste, but I kind of like this! Amidst a day at Animal Kingdom, zoning out and just enjoying the music and pretty colours in motion zooming and floating through the elements with a panorama of the park in the background seems like it could be quite nice. I much prefer it to characters dancing around on a stage to prerecorded music.

mgf

I must have bad taste, but I kind of like this! Amidst a day at Animal Kingdom, zoning out and just enjoying the music and pretty colours in motion zooming and floating through the elements with a panorama of the park in the background seems like it could be quite nice. I much prefer it to characters dancing around on a stage to prerecorded music.

I think this would be a great bit of spontaneous atmosphere ala Electric Water Pageant. Put it in Bay, Crescent, or Hourglass Lake or run it at Disney Springs then up through the canal past Saratoga and OKW.

Just doesn't seem park-worthy too me OR the issue is that the venue constrains the show too much and kept it from being as large scale as it needs to be to be park-worthy.

Sir_Cliff

Just doesn't seem park-worthy too me OR the issue is that the venue constrains the show too much and kept it from being as large scale as it needs to be to be park-worthy.
Might be just me, but I don't find most of the castle shows at MK have much to offer if you're above a certain age. B&tB at Disney's Hollywood Studios is also flat-out embarrassing to me. This, I think, works well as a short diversion suitable for all ages that you can either watch in the dedicated venue or just see and hear going on in the background.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Im just gonna say my peace and that’ll be that. Both versions of the show are cute and something different to enjoy during your day. This was never promised to be the Fantasmic of Animal Kingdom. It’s a colorful and fun festival of kites and that’s okay. Y’all are real quick to tear apart a show you haven’t even seen in person. You all constantly beg for new and more entertainment. They tried to step out of the box and do something different and fun. Don’t pretend to champion more entertainment and then tear it down before you’ve seen it in person.

..and by the way, the show isn’t “cheap”.. The large kites were designed in Australia and the props used by the cast in the theatre were made by Michael Curry. Literally, millions were put into this.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Im just gonna say my peace and that’ll be that. Both versions of the show are cute and something different to enjoy during your day. This was never promised to be the Fantasmic of Animal Kingdom. It’s a colorful and fun festival of kites and that’s okay. Y’all are real quick to tear apart a show you haven’t even seen in person. You all constantly beg for new and more entertainment. They tried to step out of the box and do something different and fun. Don’t pretend to champion more entertainment and then tear it down before you’ve seen it in person.

..and by the way, the show isn’t “cheap”.. The large kites were designed in Australia and the props used by the cast in the theatre were made by Michael Curry. Literally, millions were put into this.
Describing this as entertainment depends on who views it

also this show is absolutely cheap for something designed for that large theater setting ….now if this was a random flying of kites with music thru the riverways like they do with some characters on pontoon boats that fits more but this is not Disney caliber IMO.

Casper Gutman

Nothing Disney does is “cheap” in absolute terms, and that’s a huge problem - they constantly overpay and the results are too often underwhelming.

Part of the problem is that this show is playing in an arena that was designed for AKs Fantasmic. And AKs entertainment has been cut to the bone - remember when it had a parade? So that’s the backdrop against which this will be evaluated.

I (and I suspect I’m not alone) would have preferred those millions go to adding various performers and streetmosphere actors around the park. But we get this because they can advertise it and boast about it being the 50th.

TTA94

I guess this show is whatever. We did know from the beginning it wasn’t going to be anything exciting or major. I think the issue is many are salty there is no RoL replacement in the works, that we know of.

Ayla

That's even sadder.

Tom Morrow

I bet everyone wishes they hadn't complained so much about the original Rivers of Light because this is very clear contempt for the customer(guest). "Oh, you didn't like that? Fine, watch a character float around while their theme song plays."

Glad to see DAK is in good hands without Joe Rohde.

At this rate a Zootopia land is all but inevitable, even though anyone who actually understands the point of the park knows it doesn't belong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom