News Disney joins the U.S. Travel Association in campaign to boost travel - "Let's Go There"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So nice that they want people to go, but I'm not spending the same amount of money to go to Disney with fewer hours. One of my favorite things is nighttime in the parks...so yeah. I did have a tentative trip in mind for April 2021 but I'm waiting to see what the end of the year brings.
Love your name...by the way 😂

drew81

I am very worried that Disney will go in the opposite direction when it comes to annual passes. I would not be surprised if they double the price of the platinum AP ( no blackouts, no reservation needed) then create a new annual pass like they already have in Disneyland for WDW that requires park reservations and has blackouts and is priced at what we currently pay for platinum APs... I hope I am wrong.

I wouldn’t be shocked either. 🤐

SteamboatJoe

I totally agree with this post except for the mask part. By 2022 this should be all behind us and back to normal.

As for right now, yes there is a question of value, totally understandable. The tradeoff of lower crowds with so much stuff not happening is, to most, not worth it. As for masks, once you get used to wearing them, you can really forget they are there (its true, I am not just saying it)

That said, waiting for 2022 is a good plan,
I wear glasses, so I am always aware of my mask. If anyone has any anti-fogging tips that aren't cumbersome or ridiculous, I am all ears.

A mask in Florida heat/humidity just sounds dreadful.

SteamboatJoe

I could care less about the hours, parades and fireworks...who cares?

But not at retail
Interesting. Those are the flourishes which, for me, help further differentiate the in-park WDW experience from my local amusement parks and thus help to legitimize the extra cost (not wholly mind you), but to each their own.

DisneyDebRob

So nice that they want people to go, but I'm not spending the same amount of money to go to Disney with fewer hours. One of my favorite things is nighttime in the parks...so yeah. I did have a tentative trip in mind for April 2021 but I'm waiting to see what the end of the year brings.
Please tell me your name is a take on “Call any vegetable “, a classic from Zappa. If it is you are my new best friend! lol

SteamboatJoe

And "post-travel quarantine mandate lifted". Until a one week trip no longer costs me an additional two weeks of vacation time, I'm not going anywhere.

I suspect there will be a temporal correlation between these two conditions being met.
This is a great point and a huge obstruction for many.

Also, post-trip quarantine aside, given the finite number of vacation days I have, do I really want to burn them on a lesser Disney experience?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You do know that the government can not mandate people to take a vaccine even when it is ready and only 43% of adults got the flu shot last year. Chances are those people would not get a COVID vaccine either.
Disney can say "prove you took the vaccine or we won't let you in."

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I agree they do not want a lot more in park attendence. This weekend was busy compared to recent weekends. Imagine queues and dining with 25% more people. Too much crowd control nonsense for CM. If distancing mandates ease up and mask wearing becomes strongly recommended, I see theatre and parade/shows returning which will bring more people in, and allow queues and distancing to not need so much crowd control.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom