News Disney joins the U.S. Travel Association in campaign to boost travel - "Let's Go There"

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

luo3ly4hgreb.jpg

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
They can get me there with three words...but not those.

The words are “discounted annual pass”

Among other things. I have a gold pass and it would be nice to get additional perks right now. The 30% discount was nice while it lasted but what about perks based on the pass you have? for example tiered-based discounts

Platinum Plus - current benefits plus 30% merch & dining discounts
Platinum - current benefits plus 25% merch/dining discount
Gold - current + 20%
Silver - current + 15%

Disstevefan1

They can get me there with three words...but not those.

The words are “discounted annual pass”

I am very worried that Disney will go in the opposite direction when it comes to annual passes. I would not be surprised if they double the price of the platinum AP ( no blackouts, no reservation needed) then create a new annual pass like they already have in Disneyland for WDW that requires park reservations and has blackouts and is priced at what we currently pay for platinum APs... I hope I am wrong.

DisneyDebRob

Can you clarify? Are you waiting for a vaccine and herd immunity, or do you feel it's unnecessary to mandate masks right now at Disney World?
No, safety first. Masks should be in full force. I just mean, myself, can’t wear one in a air conditioned Costco for 20 minutes and not want to take it off. I’m just one of those people that can’t wear them for a long period of time.

SteamboatJoe

I say the following with the caveat that, regardless of the virus, I wasn't planning on returning to WDW until 2022 for family reasons. But if I were in the market, this is how I would feel....

I am not anti-mask at all but I honestly am not sure if I could enjoy the parks while wearing one all day. Too much of a distraction and pictures would be bizarre. This is not a period in time I am really keen on memorializing on film.

Also, I just don't see the value in a trip right now. Prices haven't been cut enough to make up for the cuts in the experience, some of which significantly pre-date the pandemic (nightime MK parade). I understand some of that is purposeful on their end.

It really comes down to the fact that if I opt to go now, its going to financially force me to delay the date of my next trip when, presumably, things will be back to normal. I would rather just keep things on schedule, wait for things to improve, and use the time to save up money thus allowing me to have an even bigger, better future trip.

Disstevefan1

I say the following with the caveat that, regardless of the virus, I wasn't planning on returning to WDW until 2022 for family reasons. But if I were in the market, this is how I would feel....

I am not anti-mask at all but I honestly am not sure if I could enjoy the parks while wearing one all day. Too much of a distraction and pictures would be bizarre. This is not a period in time I am really keen on memorializing on film.

Also, I just don't see the value in a trip right now. Prices haven't been cut enough to make up for the cuts in the experience, some of which significantly pre-date the pandemic (nightime MK parade). I understand some of that is purposeful on their end.

It really comes down to the fact that if I opt to go now, its going to financially force me to delay the date of my next trip when, presumably, things will be back to normal. I would rather just keep things on schedule, wait for things to improve, and use the time to save up money thus allowing me to have an even bigger, better future trip.

I totally agree with this post except for the mask part. By 2022 this should be all behind us and back to normal.

As for right now, yes there is a question of value, totally understandable. The tradeoff of lower crowds with so much stuff not happening is, to most, not worth it. As for masks, once you get used to wearing them, you can really forget they are there (its true, I am not just saying it)

That said, waiting for 2022 is a good plan,

Dan Deesnee

This just makes absolutely no sense to me at all. It's like Disney wants tons of people to come to their parks and yet they're doing everything possible to keep people from coming. A reservation system, limited capacity, limited hours, some restaurants and attractions being closed.

It's like owning a restaurant and shouting from across the street to try to get all these people to come over and eat. But when a good of people start walking over you yell back at them that you can only allow 4 people in and only have two food options.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am very worried that Disney will go in the opposite direction when it comes to annual passes. I would not be surprised if they double the price of the platinum AP ( no blackouts, no reservation needed) then create a new annual pass like they already have in Disneyland for WDW that requires park reservations and has blackouts and is priced at what we currently pay for platinum APs... I hope I am wrong.
Oh I agree with you 100%...

This could be the reason they kill the passes and go “maximum extraction” instead

...I’ll remind that everyone HATED Eisner

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This just makes absolutely no sense to me at all. It's like Disney wants tons of people to come to their parks and yet they're doing everything possible to keep people from coming. A reservation system, limited capacity, limited hours, some restaurants and attractions being closed.

It's like owning a restaurant and shouting from across the street to try to get all these people to come over and eat. But when a good of people start walking over you yell back at them that you can only allow 4 people in and only have two food options.
It’s simple:

They don’t want people Now

But they’ll take the opportunity to recenter their prices for when they do

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I totally agree with this post except for the mask part. By 2022 this should be all behind us and back to normal.

As for right now, yes there is a question of value, totally understandable. The tradeoff of lower crowds with so much stuff not happening is, to most, not worth it. As for masks, once you get used to wearing them, you can really forget they are there (its true, I am not just saying it)

That said, waiting for 2022 is a good plan,

I could care less about the hours, parades and fireworks...who cares?

But not at retail

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well I'll be the lone wolf. I'm excited to see some sort of encouragement for traveling for those who want to travel.
You’re far from alone. It’s been 6 months and I bet most want to travel

...but guess who knows that?
I'm not waiting for anything. I've already been to WDW. I'll be on a ship as soon as they start sailing again.
Bring purell

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom