Disney Jobs

cm1988

Roles and Wages

If you haven't done so yet, you might want to look through this thread (money poll).

I see by the Benefits thread you started that you've been to the WDW Employment website. Maybe the next best source for you then would be a call to the JobLine... (407) 828-1000.

Sorry not to have the information myself... maybe another person monitoring this thread will have a reply?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
at 16 you can be..

Attractions (some, not all)
Quick Service Foods (no cash handling)
Restaurant Seater
Outdoor Foods
Lifeguard
Character
Custodial
Fastpass

basically, anything in which Disney can't hurt you too bad

Disney4648

Original Poster
Also, I will be in Disney For Spring Break and I plan to go to the Casting Building...my question is that will they give a 14 year old (me) any info about employment of just ignore me?

cm1988

Originally posted by Disney4648
... I plan to go to the Casting Building... will they give a 14 year old (me) any info about employment of just ignore me?

Last time I was over that way, there was just a one-page flier listing current job categories. In the lounge just past the registration desk, a video about working at WDW was playing.

If you're interested, though, I would think there would certainly be no harm in your stopping by to take a look and pick up whatever literature they may now have on hand. Chances are that will be similar to what the website says. Still, you might find the building itself interesting, and while you're there just see who comes in, and how they're dressed, etc. --- for potential future reference.

mkt

Premium Member
just an update.. Disney has upped the attractions age to 18 due to liability reasons

Goofster

I probably could have started a new topic, but anything fits nicely in this "Disney Jobs" board. Anyway, well let's see, how should I ask this.

Well, in the attractions department- can you get promoted, and if so, how many times can you get promoted until u reach the top of attractions and what do these jobs entail?

Ok well, I don't think that's too confusing. Thanks a lot to anybody that replies!

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Goofster
Well, in the attractions department- can you get promoted, and if so, how many times can you get promoted until u reach the top of attractions and what do these jobs entail?

there is no top of attractions..

If by promotion you mean a coordinator or manager, when a position opens up, they'll post it on the Intranet, and all eligible CM's in ALL departments can apply for it.

cm1988

Originally posted by Goofster
...What does a[n Operations] coordinator or manager do?
I'm not familiar with the Ops Coordinator position. Years ago, there were 'leads' --- the equivalent of a shop foreperson. Those were converted to entry-level Manager positions in the mid-90's... since then, I think the Coordinator role sprung up in its place.

Ops Managers are the persons you see in professional attire, usually with an earpiece and radio as well. They do a lot! - primarily...
  • Supervise the area operations - with safety as the first concern
  • Coach and support hourly Cast and/or lower-level Management
  • Assist with guest special needs or concerns

jcmayid

What do they look for when choosing an Ops Manager? I am really thinking on applying at WDW, may be moving to Ocala and an hour drive is not too bad.

Thanks for any info

cm1988

Originally posted by jcmayid
What do they look for when choosing an Ops Manager?...
I've seen Managers hired from outside if they could show leadership responsibility in a major retail store, a large hotel, or of course another entertainment destination.

More than any other area, Ops Managers tend to be promoted from within... persons who have worked in an operating area and demonstrated their ability at WDW to 1) quickly make good decisions and 2) inspire their fellow cast members to deliver great guest service. Many times a cast member will start as hourly, progress through Disney Trainer responsibility, attend an on-the-job training/internship program, and then possibly serve as "Summer Supervisor" or other temporary salaried role before being re-statused as Guest Service Manager.

One route for those currently in college is through the WDW College Program and then advanced internship.

mkt

Premium Member
the farthest I ever got was sub-coordinator in entertainment, and I was actually offered a temp management positions over the 2000 holidays, but I turned it down. I make more than a lot of managers do, being hourly, since I get OT and they don't

Don L Duck

Can anyone tell me about landscapers and their starting pay and if there is room for advancement such as foreman or manager or higher. I have a lot of experience in this field and love being outdoors and I love Disney and want to work there. I own my business but would give it up to be a part of the magic.Thanks for your help:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom