Disney is Reviving Lucasfilm Games

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Although Disney’s acquisition of the STAR WARS franchise from George Lucas was huge back in 2013, it wasn’t without setbacks. A big one for some was the closure of LucasArts, a label known for producing top-tier STAR WARS games, along with inspired original titles. However, it looks like Disney is primed to bring that era back in style.

A report from PCGamesN suggests that the company will revisit some old-school gaming goodness with a new division, Lucasfilm Games. This comes from job listings located on the Disney Careers site. The company is looking to fill a number of positions, from producers to artists and other creative roles. Based on the job listing, Lucasfilm Games will focus on a number of “interactive products.” These include games in the STAR WARS brand, along with other Lucasfilm IP. Though no consoles are mentioned by names, the games will be available for “all digital platforms.” This is likely to include consoles and PC, and perhaps even mobile.

One of these listings points out that the team seeks “experience and knowledge of best practices in the game industry.” It sounds like Disney is ready to re-enter the game market with this new venture. It’ll be the first time it’s done so directly since the failure of the DISNEY INFINITY toy line-up, which closed up shop back in 2016. The company has not officially announced any Lucasfilm Games details at the moment. However, it could do so at Star Wars Celebration, E3, or even Disney’s own D23 Expo.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/video...-reviving-lucasfilm-games#ltBCuheHvXGxsIoa.99

Sleep

This looks to be a very good move by Disney. Hopefully it will allow them to stop using EA as the middleman, preventing the travesty that was the launch of the last Battlefront game from happening again.

ppete1975

This needs to be Disneys next move. Buy a sizeable game developer who can make games across all their IP and keep it inhouse
totally agree, we need some fun games that are mickey and Donald based, play station, sega, xbox original used to have a lot of fun Disney golf, Disney racing, and just general fun kids games based on the Disney characters. If they made those with todays graphics it would be awesome. Then make good marvel, star wars, Indiana jones (one that's not legos more tomb raider), and a million fox games and you could really build a lot of great content.

ppete1975

Image result for disney golf game

I would love for something like this to be made with a few levels. And I mean real levels not like what we usually have where the differences are super huge.
Have a kid level where its super simple and any kid can play it and have fun, then a casual level for someone to just pick it up and play it but challenging, then a gamer level where people who love golf games have to worry about all of the little details (basically an ea golf fame but Disney characters), sure there would be more coding and more development but you could then sell your games as kid games, party games, and serious games instead of kiddie games that get boring for adults or games too hard for kids or casual players. They could do that for all of their games.

Janir

The revive Xwing/TIE fighter game series and I may have to start buying gaming rig capable PC's again. Not good for my vacation funds... ;-P

Tank Man

Although Disney’s acquisition of the STAR WARS franchise from George Lucas was huge back in 2013, it wasn’t without setbacks. A big one for some was the closure of LucasArts, a label known for producing top-tier STAR WARS games, along with inspired original titles. However, it looks like Disney is primed to bring that era back in style.

A report from PCGamesN suggests that the company will revisit some old-school gaming goodness with a new division, Lucasfilm Games. This comes from job listings located on the Disney Careers site. The company is looking to fill a number of positions, from producers to artists and other creative roles. Based on the job listing, Lucasfilm Games will focus on a number of “interactive products.” These include games in the STAR WARS brand, along with other Lucasfilm IP. Though no consoles are mentioned by names, the games will be available for “all digital platforms.” This is likely to include consoles and PC, and perhaps even mobile.

One of these listings points out that the team seeks “experience and knowledge of best practices in the game industry.” It sounds like Disney is ready to re-enter the game market with this new venture. It’ll be the first time it’s done so directly since the failure of the DISNEY INFINITY toy line-up, which closed up shop back in 2016. The company has not officially announced any Lucasfilm Games details at the moment. However, it could do so at Star Wars Celebration, E3, or even Disney’s own D23 Expo.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/video...-reviving-lucasfilm-games#ltBCuheHvXGxsIoa.99
Yeah
We need Lucas Arts to return as I grew up playing some of their games.
Star Wars 1313 could be revisited after so long
Maybe a new Angry Bird Star Wars (I liked them) and maybe they could help with the LEGO games around Lucasfilm but I think they are to late for that.
We could get an Indiana Jones Adventure game.
Disney is now being smart as LucasArts really helped Lucasfilm pushed on in the late 200’s.
If this actually happens and we get good Star Wars games that do well with the Disney brand on it, Disney could rejoin the gaming industry as they can do it (if I am to quote Rob plays) “Doing it the Disney way”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom