News Disney is Making a Disney+ Original Movie About the Creation of Disneyland

Dear Prudence

You know that’s gonna happen, most likely lol.

Speaking of gagging, has anyone seen the trailer for the *new* Home Alone film coming out on Disney+? Holy ****, it ruined my entire day today.
I didn't even know this was a thing and I haven't even seen it yet, but my day is ruined LMBOOOOOO

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My question is how much will the Walt Disney Family Foundation be involved. Because its my understanding that they protect Walt's image, so would likely have a lot of say over how he is portrayed.

VJ

Original Poster
My question is how much will the Walt Disney Family Foundation be involved. Because its my understanding that they protect Walt's image, so would likely have a lot of say over how he is portrayed.
the WDFM may protect walt's image, but disney owns walt's image and name

they'll probably have as much involvement as they did in saving mr banks - that is, barely

No Name

It’s not a documentary, it’s a movie, and so I expect a little bit of emphasis on character and story at the expense of historical accuracy. The Greatest Showman has little to do with the real PT Barnum, but it’s fantastic, and hopefully this delivers on a similar level of quality.

Sharon&Susan

I imagine they'll make a big deal out of George Lucas being at DL sometime during opening year a big deal, exagerate the hell out of it, and have some scene where he talks to Walt on Opening Day about his ideas for Star Wars. Disney was just destined to buy Star Wars, guyzzzz.

It'd be neat if they had a scene with Walt Disney and Walter Knott (especially since unlike Lucas he was there on Opening Day), but I can't see that happening.

PiratesMansion

So, what song will play during the 15 minute long Griffith Park Carousel sequence?

When You Wish Upon a Star?
Feed the Birds?
Money Makes the World Go Round?

Josh Gad will play Walt Disney's secretary, Thor Washington III, who will be a midwestern man from a small town with big dreams hoping to make it big in Hollywood. He will be the 50th first gay character in a Disney movie, becoming the first actor to play this role more than once. The viewer will know that he's gay because he will stare at the unnamed CV Wood stand-in for approximately two seconds too long, and this momentous moment will occur two hours and ten minutes into a two hour and eleven minute movie.

James Corden will cameo as one of the Sherman Brothers.

So many possibilities.

Last edited:

TP2000

The scene with Walt watching his children on the carousel at Griffith Park is probably going to be extra, dramatic, and nauseatingly “magical.”

I already hate it.

Oh Gawd... you're right. I hadn't even thought of that.

But they'll do it, and it will be sickening and gross. And dreamy music will play, and the screen will go fuzzy around the edges, and it will be an Important Moment. Puke. 🤢

TP2000

I just checked on Twitter, and this David Gordon Green gentleman is apparently most known for doing gory, bloody, slasher horror films about Halloween. Not sure how that relates to Walt.

Also, from this Tweet 25 minutes ago, Mr. Green appears at indoor events with strangers in Los Angeles County and flagrantly violates LA masking mandates by pushing his mask below his nose. Naughty boy! (Mr. Green is the man on the left, exhaling Covid virus through his exposed nostrils in direct violation of Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors health mandates on mandatory indoor masking.)

Last edited:

Dear Prudence

It’s not a documentary, it’s a movie, and so I expect a little bit of emphasis on character and story at the expense of historical accuracy. The Greatest Showman has little to do with the real PT Barnum, but it’s fantastic, and hopefully this delivers on a similar level of quality.
I hope to GOD THIS movie is not a musical o_O :arghh:

britain

But, I do hope they leave Lillian out of all this.

I don't know, giving Mom a day off by taking kids to a merry-go-round, building a train in the backyard... pretty important plot points. Hard to leave the missus out of the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom