Disney is hiring 1000 full and part time workers for roles across the Walt Disney World Resort

ABQ

Alright, new bus drivers among the positions looking to be filled. Let the information data stream flow. Nothing like the news feeds coming from rookie bus drivers of WDW.

But on a serious note, I hope this helps some in desperate need for employment find a job. Though I'm sure it's far, far more part time than full time positions available.

roj2323

I don't know why they are hiring so many. We are already over staffed by a lot in most areas. From a cast perspective this is just disney trying to eliminate overtime opportunities or Disney hiring ahead of a major expansion announcement. Either way this is very confusing. The only other thing I can think of is disney is hedging against the large amount of cast who are due to retire in the next 1-2 years.

roj2323

So no one gets their hopes too high remember the majority of the positions will start at $8 and change. Yes it is better than nothing if you really need a job but if you are thinking or moving for the job be sure to do some financial math for your own good. Don't get blinded by the pixie dust.

yea I could make more per hour at my local mcdonalds. I drive the 40 minutes because I like working for the mouse.

Tom

Beta Return
I don't know why they are hiring so many. We are already over staffed by a lot in most areas. From a cast perspective this is just disney trying to eliminate overtime opportunities or Disney hiring ahead of a major expansion announcement. Either way this is very confusing. The only other thing I can think of is disney is hedging against the large amount of cast who are due to retire in the next 1-2 years.

Eliminating overtime is a great reason to hire additional employees. I own 4 quick service restaurants, and we make sure we always have enough staff to cover all shifts, without overtime. It's simple business.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I wonder if any of the positions relate to an increase in maintenance staff. Would be nice to see a large uptick in major refurbs (similar to Splash recently). Almost all of EPCOT (minus Test Track) could use some TLC and same with a lot of DHS and the rest of MK.

More bus drivers are always welcome. It's funny how we keep hearing about lower hotel occupancy and inflated park attendance numbers, but this seems to imply that maybe there is real growth at WDW.

BigTxEars

1000 new entry level jobs created by Mickey and people still have to make silly comments about the pay level. How many of these people who feel the need to critique Mickey on this provided 1000 new jobs today, this week, this month, this year, this decade, ever?

Glad to see more folks are getting the opputunity to find a job. Good for WDW :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom