Disney in MS

FantasiaBish

Original Poster
Heard a rumor recently that Disney purchased Elvis's game room in DeSoto county MS just south of Memphis with plans to Build a new park. There is a huge area of open land there. I was wondering if anyone has any information about this. The sale made the Nashville newspapers, but we didn't hear a peep in Memphis.

NowInc

Originally posted by FantasiaBish
Heard a rumor recently that Disney purchased Elvis's game room in DeSoto county MS just south of Memphis with plans to Build a new park. There is a huge area of open land there. I was wondering if anyone has any information about this. The sale made the Nashville newspapers, but we didn't hear a peep in Memphis.

Doubtfull...it would of been bigger news it it had happened. Disney is not in a safe enough situation to start making such large buys like that.

NowInc

I have been trying to find ANY info on this...and I have been coming up with nothing...which further confirms my original statment of I dont see it happening...

EFUHR2888

About 2 years ago, a rumor surfaced around Memphis and Desoto County,MS that someone was about to buy a large plot of land and build a major theme park. The media reported that it might be Disney. However, it was an author of children's books from Arkansas and he did buy the land. Nothing ever happened and no progress has been made. Supposedly, the same person bought some land in Marion , Arkansas and never built anything there either. Rumor was that you could invest in that land and own a part of the theme park when it was completed. No park was built and all investments were lost. This may be something different, but it sounds like the same thing. Hope this sheds some light on the subject.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom