Disney in January 2019

Connorsmommy

Hubby and I are traveling to WDW with our 3 sons 1/21-1/28

What are the weather and lines like this time of year?

Are we missing out by staying at a time share resort and not a Disney resort?

aliceismad

We were there in late Jan 2017, and the crowds were low to moderate. We were able to wear shorts all the days but one, though we did not go swimming (and we are from Colorado, so used to colder temps). I'd go look at Touring Plans' crowd calendar if I were going then, as there looks to be some fluctuation between days and parks in terms of anticipated crowd levels. MLK Day seems to draw higher crowds, I believe.

Upvote 0

ChanceH

Best week of the year in my opinion. Especially if it rains and y’all bring rain jackets. Parks EMPTY quick from their already low crowds. Low being relative to rest of the year.

Upvote 0

Dave B

We went first week of February one year, and it was colder than I expected. We wore pants and fleece jackets every day. One day I braved the pool, and it was alright, but most people didn't go swimming.
May I ask where you are from? I only ask, because we are from Colorado and always love the weather, we are always in shorts and t-shirts, my parents are from California and they think 65 degrees is cold and are dressed in their parkas and long sleeves. lololol

Upvote 0

Dave B

We were there in late Jan 2017, and the crowds were low to moderate. We were able to wear shorts all the days but one, though we did not go swimming (and we are from Colorado, so used to colder temps). I'd go look at Touring Plans' crowd calendar if I were going then, as there looks to be some fluctuation between days and parks in terms of anticipated crowd levels. MLK Day seems to draw higher crowds, I believe.
What part of Colorado? We are in HR

Upvote 0

Dreaming of Disney World

May I ask where you are from? I only ask, because we are from Colorado and always love the weather, we are always in shorts and t-shirts, my parents are from California and they think 65 degrees is cold and are dressed in their parkas and long sleeves. lololol
I am from Massachusetts. It was probably around 60-65 in Florida that trip. I was hoping for warm weather.

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

The parks are low to moderate, as a previous poster said. The weather can vary. I was there 2 years ago and wore shorts for 2/4 days. The 3rd was jeans and a T-shirt, and the last day was a raw, damp, 50 degrees. One of those days that you just can’t get warm.

MK was very busy that day (Saturday) We got there early and left after lunch, we were so chilled. And I’m from NJ so I’m used to the cold.

Be prepared for varied weather, and that the weather forecast may not be accurate. I just returned a few weeks ago from Disney. My friends were there a few days before me. They were texting me saying how cold it was. My weather app was saying 65 so I couldn’t understand why they had hats on. Turns out it was about 50, not 65. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom