Disney Hotels

Mainahman

I haven't stayed at them but have stayed at fellow value resort pop century. Is there anything specific your looking for?

Mainahman

Ah! I've heard good things. The only complaint I've ever heard is that sometimes they all share bus service to the parks and sometimes you have to wait a bit for a bus to the parks, but that my of changed. Ill wait for someone else to pitch in. All the values are well themed and to me well worth it. We don't spend a ton of time at the resort that's why we go for the values.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Very true thanks
Do you have any general tips about anything

The rooms at the "Value" resorts are generally much smaller than the more expensive resorts. Generally around 250 sq feet. That said, they are themed fun for younger children and make a fine place to lay your head at night, or spend some time at the pool. They mostly have food court style dining versus table service. When my kids were younger, we stayed at both Music and Sports and enjoyed them both.

LavaLiz

If I had to choose between All-Star Sports and All-Star Music, I would personally pick Sports. Sometimes the three All-Star resorts share a bus, and when that happens, Sports is picked up and dropped off first. It is a small convenience that can make a difference in comfort level at the beginning or end of a long park day! I also love grabbing a smoothie on my way to the parks in the morning. If I am vacationing during hot months and am going to be spending the majority of my time in the parks, All-Stars can be a solid, cost effective option. If I visit when the weather is cooler, I personally prefer a moderate or deluxe because I love hot tubs! If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask away!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Note that the All Stars attract the large tour groups and competition teams due to their prices. So, you might find your hotel full of Brazilians, cheerleaders, pop warner, etc., throughout the year.

We've stayed at both Music and Movies. Enjoyed the theming of both. But it can get noisy at night if hundreds of teenagers are staying there.

Starlight67

I've stayed at values (Music), moderates (Port Orleans) and (just once) at a deluxe (Wilderness.)

In my opinion there's not so much of a difference between the feel moderate and deluxe level, but a value resort, is definitely...well ...value. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, the price is definitely more appealing! If you spend all of your day in the parks, then I think the Value resorts are a great alternative. But if you sometimes like to hang out at your resort in a more relaxing atmosphere then you might prefer to go with a moderate.

Values have more of a cardboard cut out, almost big box store type feel in my opinion. Moderates are more about giving you an immersive experience that goes along with the theme of the resort. The food court at Movies when we were there (a few years ago) was a madhouse of chaos. I didn't find much of a problem waiting for buses though. Bus stops were crowded, but it seemed there were a lot of buses coming through at regular intervals. Food courts at moderates and deluxes are crowded but seem less chaotic to me. And I'm not sure if the walls are thinner at values but it seemed much noisier there to me--I could hear noise from the balconies and stairwells etc. though I really don't hear anything when I stay at Port Orleans-French Quarter, which is where we usually stay.

I am sure you can take some youtube tours of the Values so that you can check them out and get a better idea.

mattdenine

My wife and I stayed at Music this past July it was a last minute trip and didn't want to spend a lot of $. We really enjoyed it we didn't do much around the resort beside the pools which we liked and we ate one or twice. We spent most of our time at the parks or at DS so we really only needed a clean place to sleep.

We never experienced bus sharing like people always mention but that might just have been good luck i don't know.

If you're plans are to be at the parks most of the time I think a value is fine. But if you spend more time at the resort you might want to look at a different resort maybe even AoA if you don't want to pay the full moderate price.

bunnyman

Big difference between Value and Moderates are room size/amenities. The Values have one sink outside the bathroom, and the Moderates have a larger counter with two sinks. In general, the Values have two double beds, while the Moderates have two queen beds. Value rooms are smaller. Values don't have a sit-down restaurant or a lounge, but instead they have a "pool bar" half in the lobby/half outside.

Mainahman

With
Big difference between Value and Moderates are room size/amenities. The Values have one sink outside the bathroom, and the Moderates have a larger counter with two sinks. In general, the Values have two double beds, while the Moderates have two queen beds. Value rooms are smaller. Values don't have a sit-down restaurant or a lounge, but instead they have a "pool bar" half in the lobby/half outside.
With pops current refurb they added queen beds. I would see how long before the others follow.

Stayed there one time. Thought the food and shop was good. Room was just ok. Didn’t like the overly loud music always playing on the grounds. Definitely better price than others though.

How loud is the music and does it go on all night?

It was like 8 (?) years ago I think so I can’t be exact but I remember it being quite loud. Went to 10 or so which wasn’t a big deal but it started again at 7 or 8 in the morning and we could hear it in our rooms so no one ever really slept in. Had a 8 and 11 yr old at the time. I didn’t mind so much as I am usually up early but my wife and kids would have liked a day or two of sleeping later. We have gone 3 times since and didn’t stay there again so hopefully they have changed that. Maybe someone else here has stayed there recently. Price wise it was half of what Bay Lake cost though.

scritchell

Original Poster
It was like 8 (?) years ago I think so I can’t be exact but I remember it being quite loud. Went to 10 or so which wasn’t a big deal but it started again at 7 or 8 in the morning and we could hear it in our rooms so no one ever really slept in. Had a 8 and 11 yr old at the time. I didn’t mind so much as I am usually up early but my wife and kids would have liked a day or two of sleeping later. We have gone 3 times since and didn’t stay there again so hopefully they have changed that. Maybe someone else here has stayed there recently. Price wise it was half of what Bay Lake cost though.
Thanks for the info

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom