Disney Hotel Help

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hello! I'm a Florida resident. Looking into the possibility of a graduation present to myself of a trip to Disneyland next spring.

Had some questions about hotels i was having difficulty finding answers to.

Is there any kind of public transit option that would allow me to get cheaper hotels? A big factor in whether or not I'll be able to do this trip is how much I can cut down the budget. Going cross country, I'll have to fly, which means no car.

So, if anyone has any advice on cheap hotels with shuttles to Disney or are along a bus route/walking, that would be amazing! Just trying to figure out what I should expect to spend per night so I know how feasible this trip may be.

Or any tips for doing a cheap couple day trip! Probably in early next march (shooting for either first week in March or last week in April so I avoid spring break crowds, I'm assuming those would be good weeks to go like they are at WDW).

Travel Junkie

There are plenty of hotels within walking distance of Disneyland. Probably the most comprehensive guide to local hotels is here: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneyland-anaheim-hotels-reviews-rankings/

Some hotels do offer a shuttle. There is also ART which is the local bus with service around Disneyland. http://rideart.org/how-to-ride/

A note about crowds. You can't avoid them. Any traditionally slow period is when AP's rush to the park. One of the busiest days I have ever seen at DL was a random Friday night in February. Your best hope for avoiding crowds is pray for rain.

Also this is a must read for WDW people coming to DLR. https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guide-to-dlr-for-wdw-veterans.875596/

ght

It sort of depends on your definition of “hotel.” There are several directly across the street that are only a 5 minute walk to the gates but those would fall more toward the “motel” category than “hotel.” If your primary interest is in a clean place to stay that is close to the resort and aren’t worried about amenities like a fancy pool or room service then you might want to look at the Del Sol. It is clean and well maintained, not fancy but decent sized roooms and are usually the cheapest of the ones directly across from the resort. You can walk to the parks in less than 10 minutes and you wouldn’t need to take a bus or park.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
There are plenty of hotels within walking distance of Disneyland. Probably the most comprehensive guide to local hotels is here: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneyland-anaheim-hotels-reviews-rankings/

Some hotels do offer a shuttle. There is also ART which is the local bus with service around Disneyland. http://rideart.org/how-to-ride/

A note about crowds. You can't avoid them. Any traditionally slow period is when AP's rush to the park. One of the busiest days I have ever seen at DL was a random Friday night in February. Your best hope for avoiding crowds is pray for rain.

Also this is a must read for WDW people coming to DLR. https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guide-to-dlr-for-wdw-veterans.875596/
Thanks! Those are really helpful! I'll have to look into ART and the hotels along that line.

If I'm reading that guide right, you can only see Fantasmic and world of color with fast passes? Or without fast passes you're in some overflow section with poor visibility. Am I reading that right?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It sort of depends on your definition of “hotel.” There are several directly across the street that are only a 5 minute walk to the gates but those would fall more toward the “motel” category than “hotel.” If your primary interest is in a clean place to stay that is close to the resort and aren’t worried about amenities like a fancy pool or room service then you might want to look at the Del Sol. It is clean and well maintained, not fancy but decent sized roooms and are usually the cheapest of the ones directly across from the resort. You can walk to the parks in less than 10 minutes and you wouldn’t need to take a bus or park.
I'm a broke college kid who would be spending his time in the parks from open to close. My requirements are that the room has a bed and a door. And I'm honestly flexible on that second point haha.

I'll look into Del Sol!

PiratesMansion

If I'm reading that guide right, you can only see Fantasmic and world of color with fast passes? Or without fast passes you're in some overflow section with poor visibility. Am I reading that right?

That is correct. These are separate from ride FastPasses and MaxPass and without a FastPass your options are very limited and suboptimal. Fantasmic FPs have been very popular since and have been known to run out early in the day. The Fantasmic FPs are near the riverboat dock. WOC FPs used to be at the Grizzly River Run machines, but I believe that they moved near TLM close to the actual arena fairly recently.

In terms of nearby hotels, I just got back from a week at Desert Inn. Very close to Disneyland and one of the cheapest hotels on Harbor. The room was acceptable apart from fairly poor soundproofing. My first trip I stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn on Katella and at the time I paid around $100/night. Not amazing by any means but serviceable.

Fair word of warning, tax in the Resort Area is obscene and will add a fair amount to your room rate.

Curious Constance

The literal closest hotel to the park entrance is Park Vue Inn. Clean, free hot breakfast, pool. We stay there and like it quite a bit. If you look at pics on their website, that's exactly what it's like.

ght

I'm a broke college kid who would be spending his time in the parks from open to close. My requirements are that the room has a bed and a door. And I'm honestly flexible on that second point haha.

I'll look into Del Sol!
You also might want to look into the Desert Inn and Suites. It is between the Park Vue and the Del Sol and sometimes you can get really good rates if you book far enough in advance. We have also stayed at the Kings Inn on Katella (it used to be the Super 8). It is a little be farther away but still walkable and has an ART stop (the local Anaheim bus service that will take you to the park) right in front of it. It isn't quite as convenient but you might be able to get a cheaper rate (you would also want to factor in the price of the ART, even if it is a little cheaper I find the convenience of being right across the street worth it if the prices aren't too different).

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thank you everyone! I'm feeling pretty confident I can get a room in either walking distance or along the busline for less than 120 a night. Hopefully even less.

Boy am I spoiled with a car. Driving to Disney world I can usually get an econolodge for like 40 a night and be fine. But without a car it really changes things haha

ght

Your best bet is to check several sources, hotel websites, Orbitz, etc. I have found that for some hotels I can get a better deal directly through the hotel. Also when you buy your tickets I would recommend using LMTclub. It is $50 to get a membership but there are free membership codes online (I think the current code is FOETRAVEL for a lifetime membership). Once you join login in and go to http://www.lmtclub.com/Activities/Anaheim/Disneyland-Resort-1218285-Overview.aspx
They have the best prices on multi-day tickets that I have seen, saving around $40-$50 a ticket. We have used them a bunch of times and they have been great every time. That can save you some money right there.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This is California. There is no such thing as a $40 per night room.
Yeah, with taxes and fees and everything all together, you can get a hotel in Orlando for 40 a night and check in that day. Won't be a nice place, but it'll be cheap.

Dirt cheap not on bus routes that im seeing in Cali is 75 a night before fees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom