Disney hollywood studios full till god knows when.

Armerius

Original Poster
is there any other way to get a ticket for DHS in may? or just by park hopper?

and regarding park hopper... you can go to 1 other park at 2 pm. but if for example i go from MK to DHS in the afternoon, i can go back to MK later at night or i have to stay in DHS?

im sorry im totally noob with park hopper.

Weather_Lady

If the park reservations are "sold out," keep checking back, but if you can't get one then yes, your DHS access is limited to park-hopping there. (Anecdotally, even though the terms and conditions say they don't guarantee parkhopper access to parks at full capacity, so far, even on busy days, WDW has allowed parkhopping to parks for which reservations were fully "booked.") Obviously the big loss at DHS is that if you can only hop there after, say, 2pm, you miss out on the chance to join a Rise of the Resistance ("RoTR") boarding group, as that's only allowed at 7am with a park reservation, or 1pm for those inside the park already. Other than that, you're almost better off visiting later in the day anyway, as lines in that park tend to peak in the morning.

As far as hopping back to the park where you started, you can absolutely do that. You can hop around, or back and forth, to as many parks as you want every day, subject to timing restrictions (e.g., 2pm or after, after you've entered the park for which you had a park reservation), or capacity restrictions (which theoretically could limit parkhopping but in practice haven't been an issue in the months since parkhopper returned).

JohnD

and regarding park hopper... you can go to 1 other park at 2 pm. but if for example i go from MK to DHS in the afternoon, i can go back to MK later at night or i have to stay in DHS?

You can get a park pass to HS if you're an annual passholder, depending on the day (see link below). Otherwise, you're right, ticket holders (without a resort stay) and select resort hotels are all blocked out for park reservations. Your only option for HS, then, is park hopper. Beginning at 2pm, you can park hop as much as you want but you have to enter the park that you had a park reservation for first on that day.

ilovelabs2021

You can hop as many times as you want as long as there is capacity. Thus far, there have been no reports of people unable to hop, even to parks that had no park reservations that day. That would be your best bet. HS is booked up through the end of June save one day. We go in July and made our reservations shortly after we booked in January as I read that was the park that booked the quickest b/c of it's size.

Armerius

Original Poster
oh thank you all so much for the help.

Yeah im not staying at disney property its a last minute trip. my full disneyworld trip will be next year ( was planned for this year but covid+ no fireworks and new rides delayed forced me to cancel)

1 more question. once i buy the tickets. i can wait to make the reservations on the system? or have to be right away? (just in case disney decide to increase capacity in may)

ilovelabs2021

Yeah im not staying at disney property its a last minute trip. my full disneyworld trip will be next year ( was planned for this year but covid+ no fireworks and new rides delayed forced me to cancel)

1 more question. once i buy the tickets. i can wait to make the reservations on the system? or have to be right away? (just in case disney decide to increase capacity in may)
It doesn't have to be right away, but I would make them soon after you link b/c other parks may sell out in the meantime.

JohnD

Don't wait. Make your park reservations as soon as possible. MK is already full in May for ticket holders and select resorts, depending on day, for example.

Weather_Lady

Definitely make them right away -- but then keep checking back. If DHS park reservations open up, it's easy to change your existing ones using the My Disney Experience app. (At present, you must first cancel your existing park reservation for that day, and then make the new one. There's no option to simply "modify" an existing park reservation by switching from one park to another, although hopefully that will be a function that will be added at some point to save a step.)

Armerius

Original Poster
Since im here...where would you guys recommend to buy the tickets? in the disney website? or is there somewhere else i can get them at a lower price?

WEDYENSID

Since im here...where would you guys recommend to buy the tickets? in the disney website? or is there somewhere else i can get them at a lower price?
Reputable, and a little cheaper. I've been buying mine there for many years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom