News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

John park hopper

Why would anyone think that WDW would be exempt from the massive inflation we are seeing across our country?
Disney is not immune to inflation however the markup on everything in WDW is huge --in these tough times I would think they could hold off on price increases and still make a decent profit. Which proves Disney cares not for their guests but is beholding to the stockholders

Tay

True, it‘s just another quarter… the problem is that’s on top of a few hundred more for tickets, a few hundred more for hotels, a few hundred more for transportation, a few hundred more for dining… it adds up quick, the exact same vacation that was $3000 a couple years ago is $5000 today.

WDW is now priced with vacations like Europe and Hawaii. It’s not whether we can afford it, it’s whether we’d rather go to WDW or Europe, with current travel restrictions we don’t really have a choice, next year we will though.
This! I love Disney but after pricing a trip to Europe, the price I spent on a week Disney vacation to the All Stars resort with a 5 day ticket taking the bus there since I’m only a couple of hours away, was the same price as flying to London for a few days, then taking the train to Paris for a few days and spending a few days at Disneyland Paris.

Basil of Baker Street

At least Walmart and Target made an effort to hold the line on price increases can Disney say the same IMO no.

That is pathetic for $16.99 clearly false advertising -- Oh just remember your paying for the experience ---of being screwed.
To be fair, I've never received a burger at a fast food joint that looked anything remotely like the picture 🤣

Tay

In their most recent earnings calls with investors and analysts, the two bellwether businesses said that they would not raise prices to compensate for higher supply chain-related costs and pre-inventory purchases.

Walmart even went so far as to tell investors that its competitive “price gap” was larger than normal, but that it wouldn’t take advantage of the opportunity to increase prices more than necessary.

So not ALL companies are raising prices and are actually thinking about who the customer is and don't want to lose them

Frankly, I'm shocked.
You know you’re trash when Walmart of all places have shown more appreciating for their customers than you.

John park hopper

To be fair, I've never received a burger at a fast food joint that looked anything remotely like the picture 🤣
If you are talking McDonalds level fast food you are correct but I have been to fast food places that the pictures do look like what is served. What was posted was not fast food for $16.99 You can't defend Disney on this one

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney is not immune to inflation however the markup on everything in WDW is huge --in these tough times I would think they could hold off on price increases and still make a decent profit. Which proves Disney cares not for their guests but is beholding to the stockholders

Nah, instead of the usual 10% annual increases, we'll just see 20+% increases to cover their rising costs.

JessieLightyear

The point wasn’t that it didn’t look exactly like the picture. I know that product photos for pretty much everything are enhanced. The point was that there wasn’t even half the amount of lobster on the roll as was shown - or compared to what I’ve received when I’ve ordered it numerous times in the past, for a higher price than in the past.

lazyboy97o

The point wasn’t that it didn’t look exactly like the picture. I know that product photos for pretty much everything are enhanced. The point was that there wasn’t even half the amount of lobster on the roll as was shown - or compared to what I’ve received when I’ve ordered it numerous times in the past, for a higher price than in the past.
This sort of complaining is ridiculous. Disney is helping you with portion control and maintaining a healthy weight. You should be thanking them and their brilliant CFO.

JessieLightyear

If you are talking McDonalds level fast food you are correct but I have been to fast food places that the pictures do look like what is served. What was posted was not fast food for $16.99 You can't defend Disney on this one
Exactly, and I wouldn’t have ordered it if it hadn’t been worth the (albeit lower) price in the past, and close to what was advertised. My husband picked up the food we had mobile-ordered, and my son and I got a table upstairs, so by the time we got it and I saw how pathetic it was, there was really no point in going back downstairs and fighting the hordes, just to (likely) be told I couldn’t have another, that’s just how they are.

Basil of Baker Street

I agree it looked pretty bad. Just like actual burgers vs the picture burgers and FF restaurants. Difference is this is probably a $5 burger. Disney stuck you with a $17 roll. They should be ashamed.

Attachments

• 5cd7228721000058007a04a3.jpeg
    5cd7228721000058007a04a3.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

disneygeek90

Why would anyone think that WDW would be exempt from the massive inflation we are seeing across our country?
The largest full service restaurant company in the country raised their prices 2% this past quarter and project 4% over the next year. That’s still nothing compared to what Disney is doing and I don’t think some frozen pre packaged ice cream has seen quite the inflation impact that something like chicken wings is going through.

2% raise on a $25 meal is 50¢. Which is the price hike we’re seeing on snacks a quarter of that price, if not more.

wutisgood

This! I love Disney but after pricing a trip to Europe, the price I spent on a week Disney vacation to the All Stars resort with a 5 day ticket taking the bus there since I’m only a couple of hours away, was the same price as flying to London for a few days, then taking the train to Paris for a few days and spending a few days at Disneyland Paris.
More people need to price out alternate trips and they will find often the value is huge.

eliza61nyc

More people need to price out alternate trips and they will find often the value is huge.
why do you think people don't?? I ask this because I find this a very interesting observation. usually we see it on the hotel forum, when people say if those that stay on site would only "look" around they would never stay on site again.
Do you really think that all these people who choose to go to wdw do so because they have no idea what other vacation options are out there?

Basil of Baker Street

why do you think people don't?? I ask this because I find this a very interesting observation. usually we see it on the hotel forum, when people say if those that stay on site would only "look" around they would never stay on site again.
Do you really think that all these people who choose to go to wdw do so because they have no idea what other vacation options are out there?
They go because its fun. People enjoy it. I find it hard to believe that people go because they think its the only place in the world to vacation. That's pretty ludicrous.

wutisgood

A large amount of regular Disney vacation people are captive and actually do no price out alternative vacations. They have been going for decades and driving down or flying for cheap. Disney packages for a long time were actually a better deal than say the beach from nyc or PA on a shorter drive and a better value than many other tourist areas that were also a long drive or even a cheap flight.

Right now Disney attendance is driven huge from addicted boomers and younger people are going to be more informed and not book on site long term when Disney offers no benefits and they are more likely to weigh other vacation value.

aladdin2007

Does Disney really have to raise prices to pay CM's more? Where did all the money go from the resort parking fees. Where is the money going from discontinued bus service from the airport. Where did the money go from Trams not operating? It's not a money thing Disney just doesn't value boots on the ground staff.
into chapeks new mansion

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom