Disney has now responded...1 million dollar donation to OneOrlando

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
There's no point in saying what you said. The company will put effort into fixing security, maybe it's a good idea they don't publicize they're plans too much?

I don't expect them to publicize anything. My post was just saying I hope they emphasize increasing their own security as much

WEDwaydatamover

Good for Disney. George had to do something. All our problems are solved now...

It's a tax write off but still good will all the same.

I wish Milo Yiannopoulos would chime in on these boards. He was to be in town addressing the incident but could not make it due to security reasons.

He's a personal hero of mine. Didn't fit the script I suppose.

NelleBelle

I was very pleased and proud to be a Disney fan when I read this news. I also found it very touching that they set up blood donation stations for the CM/employees to donate around the property to make it easy for those who wanted to donate. Good job Disney (and does it really matter that it's a tax write-off or that they'll make it back in fill-in-the-blank?)!!

donsullivan

Premium Member

I wish Milo Yiannopoulos would chime in on these boards. He was to be in town addressing the incident but could not make it due to security reasons.

Why is this tone necessary? I had hoped that this would be the one time when people would leave their anti-Disney agenda at the door. But apparently not, some still feel the need to make it about them and their negative view of Disney.

21stamps

The gofundme page is now almost $4million dollars. That's not including the victim's personal gofundme accounts- which are also extremely high numbers

I know that isn't Disney related, but when you combine what so many have done already-

It restores my faith in humanity.

Castle Cake Apologist

What a disgusting tone you've chosen to take. If you're going to take such a cynical position towards our relief efforts, maybe you don't need to visit our city anymore.

yoda_5729

According to this, Disney will also match, dollar for dollar all "eligible donations" donated by any of their employees to the relief efforts. If I understand this correctly, the money isn't necessarily going directly to victims, but non-profit organizations that are helping the victims.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/orlando-shootings-disney-donates-one-million-community-only-1201772614/

The article posted there, seems a bit negative towards the fund Disney donated too, as it suggests others, but the important part is to help the people and community effected, and hopefully most, if not all of it gets to areas that need it, the victims and community included.

Great gesture though for Disney to make the effort and to set up the blood donations and housing for those impacted by the horrid tragedy.

Last edited:

WEDwaydatamover

Twice I was reprimanded on the TONE of my cold, indecipherable text. There are obviously people trying to silence me for having a gay hero.

A gay hero that they might not agree with. You might shut others up through piling on and intimidation. You will not silence me.

WEDwaydatamover

AJH219, if that is your real name. I don't hate Disney, I do however disagree with Disney quite often. I'm aloud to Tipper.

Here is where you don't get it. Just because someone disagrees with Disney from time to time or the agendas of a movement in general doesn't make that person guilty of a hate crime. It makes them guilty of disagreeing.

You have a lot of growing up to do. I suggest you get a running start.

DisneyCane

A tax write off is not some magical thing where it doesn't cost Disney anything to make the donation. It is actually a deduction, not a write off.

The only benefit to Disney is that they save the tax that they would have paid on that $1 Million in profit. They still gave away $1 Million that would have been profit. It would have then been taxed.

So instead of giving $350,000 to the government and $650,000 to the shareholders (who are then double taxed on the dividend), they gave $1 Million to the charity. Disney (or their shareholders) don't come out ahead in the deal.

AEfx

I don't want this to come across the wrong way... personally I think it's great they contribute to that fund... but I also want them to put that much into increasing security methods in and around their parks and resorts as well

I think they've got it covered. That's not how corporate budget works. Donations come out of a fund generally for such purposes or multi-purpose use; this just happens to be an especially large one and wouldn't be part of any security budget.

Disney is spending far more than a million extra bucks on security, regardless. The new Rent-A-Frisk guys ain't cheap. What they get for that outsourcing dollar in value, however, remains to be seen.

Mike S

Comcast Universal has just done the same with a $1 Million dollar donation to OneOrlando.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-comcast-universal-oneorlando-20160616-story.html
I wonder what this will be about.
"We are doing everything we can to take care of the families of those we lost and of all our team members as they grieve. In fact, we will be holding a private remembrance event tonight that will involve Universal theme parks across the globe. Please join me in continuing to keep all the victims of this tragedy in your thoughts, prayers and actions."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom