Disney has built last park in Central Florida

bjlc57

no2apprentice said:
And I remember Mousesavers doing the story about doing Disney in under $1000. That didn't sound like any type of vacation I would want for my family.

this is the statement that lead me to my post one above....

jmicro59

bjlc57 said:

That's great that you had a excellent time. I don't think the post you are replying to was aimed at knocking anyone's monetary base. Some visitors to WDW like to include things such as a meal plan and tickets for more days in their package and I believe that's what no2apprentice was referring too. I don't like to rush around the parks so your selection of Disney in 3 days would not be for me and since I do, as I'm sure no2apprentice also does, pay the bills I spend what I can as it looks as though you did also. The main point is that you had a fantastic time and payed only what you thought you should for a Disney vacation.

MAF

bjlc57 said:
Ok, it might help if you would quote the person you are referring to in the future to avoid confusion. Not trying to sound rude or bossy here, but I was confused...

no2apprentice

I really hate to bring this thread back from the second page, but I feel I need to make some clarification.

bjlc57 said:
Wow, a statement saying that my trip to WDW wasn't good enough for someone else.. what a statement.
I'll start with this one. Sorry if you felt my comment was a personal attack. If you go back and read your post, there is nothing in it that indicates you followed (or tried to follow) Mousesavers under $1000 plan. Next, if you read my post, it plainly reads, "That didn't sound like any type of vacation I would want for my family." Notice it reads "my family." Just to make sure, it reads my family. I wrote this because the reference was to whether or not my family would enjoy that type of vacation. If other people want to try to follow a plan like that, great. Go for it. Wear it out. Wagons, ho!

bjlc57 said:
Are you saying that because we cut costs and saved money, that our trip wasn't good? Wasn't excellent, because we didn't spend oooodles of money?
:confused: Once again, I don't see where I wrote anything like that at all.

bjlc57 said:
Do you actually Pay for your trips or does someone else?
I do. Every penny. From money that my wife and I work very hard to earn. In fact, I work so hard for it that it was one of the causes for my M.I. in January. (And I'll head you off on this one...NO, I'm not trying to imply that I work harder than you or anyone else.)

bjlc57 said:
We had an EXCELLENT TIME.
Great. I'm glad all your planning paid off. I hope you can have just as great of a time if you make it back.

bjlc57 said:
and we didn't do Canada
OH! So you're ANTI-CANADIAN, EH? Who do you think you are, coming on here and spewing hate against another country???? (Just kidding...recognize the style of posting?)

bjlc57 said:
So now tell us, how we screwed up by not giving Disney any more of our hard earnded money.
I don't have enough information to make comment, but I will tell you it's spelled e-a-r-n-e-d.

bjlc57 said:
WHO are you to question anyones trip?
So, how was your trip? Going back next year? Did the kids get lots of autographs?

bjlc57 said:
We stayed at my friends house on the trip down to save money... Was this wrong in YOUR EYES.. should we have spent $300 for one nights stay when we instead stayed for free?
Sounds like a good move to me. Wish I knew someone I could stay with to break up our 12 hour drive.

bjlc57 said:
We went to the Chinese Buffet after the parks for supper.. should we have spent $50 per person or $50 on the four of us? Did this diminish our trip?
Only if someone got diarrhea.

bjlc57 said:
We brought our own film.. .Its $2.99 with the discount at our store for a four pack of fugi film.. 100 speed.. Should we instead have paid $5 for a single roll instead?
Only if you wanted to buy better film. If I may be so bold, you may want to consider buying ISO 200 film. You'll pick up an f-stop with no noticable increase in grain.

bjlc57 said:
Sounds like someone WHO DOESN"T PAY THEIR OWN BILLS OR RUN THEIR OWN HOUSE.
You post like a....well, never mind.

bjlc57

well I may mis type or mis spell on occation, but I know the value of a dollar.

at least it makes a difference in my house. AND I would never, EVER, come close to saying to someone that their trip was Less then special, no matter what they paid to go on it.

I wouldn't be that type of Person, shall we say..

But you have been more then critical.. and then you have the guts to continue being a jerk.. WHo died and made you God?

to even, come close to saying that you know "better" for someone else.. especially on their vacation.. what a total jerk..

You have no right to come close to deciding what is "best" or that someone else didn't get the Disney experience because they know how to save a buck..

Oh and by the way.. I prefer 100 speed because when I blow my photos up to 8 x 12's I have no grain.. and I can hold to an 8th of a second, without shake.. so I don't need the extra F stop.. and we are pro photographers, the whole family, so we know exactly what we are doing.. and we have photo degrees to prove it.. In fact my youngest is on assignment in London this week..

Find some thing else to be critical about but not someone's vacation.. You have no right and definately NO INSIGHT.... and you never possibly could know of our value of our vacation....

and then learn the value of a dollar.. I like Disney .. that doesn't mean that I am going to give them all my money... I love my family.. I am under the belief that you should not love something that doesn't LOVE YOU BACK.. Disney, doesnt love me.. but my wife and kids do.. .

MAF

Could you please refrain from flaming other members of the board. The original poster was not personally attacking you, and you are getting bent out of shape over nothing.

no2apprentice

bjlc57 said:
But you have been more then critical.. and then you have the guts to continue being a jerk.. WHo died and made you God?

to even, come close to saying that you know "better" for someone else.. especially on their vacation.. what a total jerk..
Bye-bye! Have a nice time on your next trip!:wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
bjlc57 said:

I think you are seriously over-reacting here. Name calling is also against the usage of this site, so please refrain from it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom