Disney Gift Cards

Tiggerfanatic

Took our yard sale profits and stopped at our local Disney Store yesterday to pick up some more gift cards for our trip, and they were all out!! CM's told me that since the new cards came out, they are so popular for use in the parks that they can't keep enough in stock!! I was a little bummed - I know that if I leave the cash laying around it will get spent on something else. They offered to sell me Disney Dollars and I may have to go that route if the cards don't come in soon. Anyone else run into this?

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
No - I booked through AAA. They have the Visa gift cards. I just wanted the Disney ones because, well, we are going to Disneyworld!!

Upvote 0

campdisney

What are these gift cards of which you speak?

For one of our trips, my kids received Disney Store gift cards for Christmas from a relative who knew about our trip for early the next year and thought the kids could buy something for themselves at the parks. But then at WDW, they couldn't use the cards anywhere. They weren't accepted because the Disney Store " was separate now" or so we were told by the CM. That was right about when Disney Direct came online (and whatever happened to that btw?).

Is this something new and different the Disney Store offers now? Gift cards would be so convient as a vacation savings plan for the kids (and us too)!

Upvote 0

cathyn

The Disney Stores started selling these gift cards this year. They can be used at the parks, Disney stores, Online and hotels. They sell the same ones at the parks now.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
What are these gift cards of which you speak?

For one of our trips, my kids received Disney Store gift cards for Christmas from a relative who knew about our trip for early the next year and thought the kids could buy something for themselves at the parks. But then at WDW, they couldn't use the cards anywhere. They weren't accepted because the Disney Store " was separate now" or so we were told by the CM. That was right about when Disney Direct came online (and whatever happened to that btw?).

Is this something new and different the Disney Store offers now? Gift cards would be so convient as a vacation savings plan for the kids (and us too)!

Yes. You buy them at the store and use them in the park just like money or Disney dollars. They are a great way to save for the trip (which we are in the process of doing - have $200 so far) which is why I was bummed when my store told me they were out of them. I'll check again this weekend, and if they're still out, I'll have to get them on line even though using the charge card is something I'm trying to avoid this trip. so I'll have to give the cash to my neighbor to hide until the bill comes due!!

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
The Disney Stores started selling these gift cards this year. They can be used at the parks, Disney stores, Online and hotels. They sell the same ones at the parks now.

Yeah, I had read about them in Birnbaum's Guide, so I checked at the store when I got the first ones. We've been trying to pick up $20-30 every couple weeks or so. They are so popular they can't get enough to keep in stock.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Tiggerfanatic,

If you already have gift cards purchased, you can *add* funds to them (at least according to the Gift Card online FAQ, and for now online reloads can't be done). So if you've already bought cards, just bring them back to the store and have them add the funds to them. Unless you were specifically going for multiple cards with smaller amounts...

-Rob

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
Tiggerfanatic,

If you already have gift cards purchased, you can *add* funds to them (at least according to the Gift Card online FAQ, and for now online reloads can't be done). So if you've already bought cards, just bring them back to the store and have them add the funds to them. Unless you were specifically going for multiple cards with smaller amounts...

-Rob
I never thought of that - I was going for $20 per card but if I bump them up to $50 we would probably only have to carry one each per day, and leave the rest locked in the room safe. Less to lose that way. Thanks for the info....This site is so awesome!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom