Disney Gift Card Towards Vacation Package?

muse1983

Are you able to use Disney gift cards (the kind you can find in most grocery stores, SAMS Club etc) towards paying off your vacation package online? My wife and I were just going to ask for money towards our Disney trip ( to pay for our vacation package, not extra spending money) and was wondering if that was possible. Thanks:wave:

nolatron

I don't think you can use them for the initial down payment but you can use them to apply payments after the vacation is booked. I did this back in 2010.

Just be sure to hang onto the cards just in case you need to cancel as refunds are issued back to the method of payment, so they'd go back to the gift cards. I had this happen and luckily I kept the gift card.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I don't think you can use them for the initial down payment but you can use them to apply payments after the vacation is booked. I did this back in 2010.

Just be sure to hang onto the cards just in case you need to cancel as refunds are issued back to the method of payment, so they'd go back to the gift cards. I had this happen and luckily I kept the gift card.

I'm currently doing this right now and it works fine. You just need to apply each gift card separately, you can't type them in all at once.

Mostly correct and correct.

You CAN use a Disney Gift Card for the deposit, but only if it has the full $200 on it (which is rare). You can only use one form of payment to make a deposit online (no split payments), so unless you have a DGC worth $200, you'd have to go with a CC for the deposit. If you call and book, you can make your deposit with split payments, but you can't use the same TYPE of payment more than once (i.e. you can't use two gift cards, but you can used a gift card and a CC).

After that, you can pay online using CC, Debit, Disney Visa Points, or Disney Gift Card in any increments, as long as each payment is at least $20.

And bamillerpa is right....if you have a pile of $20 Gift Cards, you'll spend a good amount of time punching them all in. You'll have to go through the entire payment process for each and every card.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

i have a question, i do secret shopping for the disney stores, and always buy a $25 GC as my purchase (i get reimbursed $20 in case anyone was wondering) so its like getting a free card, so i have a whole bunch of them, does anyone know if i can combine them onto one card somehow?

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
i have a question, i do secret shopping for the disney stores, and always buy a $25 GC as my purchase (i get reimbursed $20 in case anyone was wondering) so its like getting a free card, so i have a whole bunch of them, does anyone know if i can combine them onto one card somehow?

I honestly don't believe you can combine them onto one card. I know they make cards that are re-loadable...but I don't think you can unload one card and put the value on another.

I could be completely wrong though. That's a good question for Disney.

Upvote 0

CB2@disney

I tried that last year... I purchased a re-loadable card at the Disney store here and then asked to combine them. They don't have a way to do that at the store or on-line. Next time you go in a purchase a GC as a shopper get the loadable one or find out if any that you already have a loadable and start adding to your exsisting cards instead for getting new ones.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I tried that last year... I purchased a re-loadable card at the Disney store here and then asked to combine them. They don't have a way to do that at the store or on-line. Next time you go in a purchase a GC as a shopper get the loadable one or find out if any that you already have a loadable and start adding to your exsisting cards instead for getting new ones.

lunchbox would have to attempt that transaction while not "on the job" because varying from a Secret Shopper transaction type can skew the results and nullify the "job".

But yeah, see if someone at the Disney Store can help you combine them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom