Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

flutas

You get to choose one at 7am. If the one you choose is for availability only later in the day (say 5pm for ex.) You can still get another 90 minutes later at 830. Same applies if your 2nd choice is much later in the day etc. That's *IF* they are going by the same rules as MaxPass. In this scenario you would have 2 at once and not one at a time. We do not know yet.

Fun fact, there was an exploit with MaxPass at DLR for a while (no clue if since patched).

You could query for available fast passes and book them whenever. Their whole "you must be in the park" rule was only enforced client side.

Dan Deesnee

I still wonder if people will come to love this the same way many (I know, not all) came to love Fast Pass.

I honestly don't think the price is bad at all considering I don't think anyone needs to bother getting it for AK or Epcot. If someone does at day trip, they only have to pay this for 3 days assuming 2 at MK and one at HS.

We also don't know yet what will be included for resort guests and Annual Pass holders, if anything...but I'm holding out hope.

SteveAZee

Of course, it will 'work' but you are essentially paying for something that used to be free and being given less control over how you use it at the same time.
This is certainly the most annoying thing I'm finding about this. I'm glad there will be a whole lot of experiences had (and posted to this board) regarding G+ before I go back to WDW. I'm really curious (and a little concerned) about how well or poorly G+ will allocate resources.

Wendy Pleakley

Sold!

1630113125455.png

LorangeJuice

It seems they did the 2 per each park that were always the longest lines to start. And Soarin and Frozen are not as long of a line as Test Track is. Despite the low capacity.
Interesting. I've always thought of Test Track as being a wild card with wait times due to the Florida weather which now makes me wonder what happens when someone pays for IAS and it rains. 🤔

flynnibus

Premium Member
Interesting. I've always thought of Test Track as being a wild card with wait times due to the Florida weather which now makes me wonder what happens when someone pays for IAS and it rains. 🤔
Disney is evil… but you don’t have to worry that disney already spent the ias money and can’t afford to refund if they can’t give the person the ride they paid for.

World_Showcase_Lover007

It’s all fun and games until they start charging for monorail rides and bus transportation to the parks…

It’s s not like a $5 charge to ride the ferry boat to MK is gonna break the bank, right? I’m sure we can all afford to pay $10 for access to Disney Springs, correct? The Chapek regime has no bounds and will keep on going with this until it’s too late. They won’t care that they brought the company down with them.

matt9112

A lot of people dread the idea of all major rides being "scheduled" in a virtual queue. While I can see some benefits from that I do agree it would take some of the fun and spontaneity away and would be a hassle for large families. But it's still clearly preferable to this.

I dont like the concept that point blank there are rides you cannot ride. You cannot wait 4 hours nothing you simply loose. You get nothing and you do not pass go.

matt9112

I still wonder if people will come to love this the same way many (I know, not all) came to love Fast Pass.

I honestly don't think the price is bad at all considering I don't think anyone needs to bother getting it for AK or Epcot. If someone does at day trip, they only have to pay this for 3 days assuming 2 at MK and one at HS.

We also don't know yet what will be included for resort guests and Annual Pass holders, if anything...but I'm holding out hope.

I don't see them needing to give this to APs unless sales bomb (i doubt it) why would they? I think the purpose of the magic key is to turn it more into a special kind of park ticket with alot less raw perks. Look how they removed parking from all but the top pass. I know Disney world dosen't have the same parking problem but still i feel the goal is to squeeze more profit from APs or at the very least stop leaving money on the table.

peter11435

If anyone says how this system works.. take it with a grain of salt because Disney has not announced anything. People are assuming it will work like DL maxpass. Which might be true but we don't know for sure.
What exactly are you questioning. Disney has said a lot about how the system will work.

matt9112

What exactly are you questioning. Disney has said a lot about how the system will work.

The most important variables...they have not.

Cost of LLs...(i figure surge but whats the baseline) surge is daily or in real time?

Can you hold more than one reservation if theres no available times anytime soon. (The part people assume will be like max)
Example (holding a 9pm slot for btmr because it was the next available but its 10am)

How much capacity is going to be set aside? Tieing into the question above the amount of available slots at x attraction is a huge variable. Is it same as pld fastpass? Half? Does it vary by day aka when its busier is more allocated or?

Will boarding groups be the new norm for every ride? Aka guardians and tron next? Meaning to ride a large amount of rides at WDW you need to win a lottery or pay ?

Muffinpants

The above poster covered most of it. But I see alot of people claiming you can grab a second genie + reservation after 90 min or after tap in... this is a guess they have not announced this at all. So if people try to change plans assuming something like this than Disney goes and says "nope sorry only 1 at a time no matter what" it will be a big shock. Also we have zero idea what kinda times will be available throughout the day. Is all day open.. or is it only the next available at a max of 3 hours from now.. we don't know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom