Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Waters Back Side

Because I like to arrive at the park at 11 or later. If MMRR at 7am only has 9 or 930 available and I choose to wait to see of there are any later on and lose out it would be a downer. I'm hoping I can wait until later in the AM to choose a ride for a time that works for when I plan to arrive at the park and does not conflict with other plans or they keep several slots spread throughout the day.

Waters Back Side

Why? If you're not going to be in the park until hours after it opens, then Genie+ is going to be a horrible value for you anyways.

That should not be the case. Someone who wants to spend 15 dollars for rides one at a time should not be required to arrive at 9 am to ride what they most want to. That ridiculous. We like 12-9pm as a window to enjoy the parks. And I'm willing to pay the 15 dollars so I can get on some rides quickly that we enjoyed previously for free.

Perhaps if we keep refreshing every couple of minutes the time slots will get later and itll work out. But I really would like to know how it will work.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Because I like to arrive at the park at 11 or later. If MMRR at 7am only has 9 or 930 available and I choose to wait to see of there are any later on and lose out it would be a downer. I'm hoping I can wait until later in the AM to choose a ride for a time that works for when I plan to arrive at the park and does not conflict with other plans or they keep several slots spread throughout the day.
So book your 11am MMRR at 9am.

Waters Back Side

So book your 11am MMRR at 9am.

I would like to...but WILL IT be available if I wait until 9am? Some rides will for sure, but the popular ones like Big Thunder, or MMRR, Smugglers, etc. Etc could get booked quickly for the time slots. If I find out I'll be able to book it later in the day during the busy week I'm there I'll be fine.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This doesn't say anything about G+ selections...

Screenshot_20210823-195432_Chrome.jpg

DisneyDodo

Thanks! Is this from Disney?

I think this is a huge mistake, and will be a major inconvenience for guests who, for whatever reason, wish to book their LP for later, without much benefit that I can think of. The only possible reason I can see for this is Disney not wanting to G+ to cannibalize the convenience VIP tours provide, but G+ and VIP are already so many miles apart, I doubt that's it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

I think this is a huge mistake, and will be a major inconvenience for guests who, for whatever reason, wish to book their LP for later, without much benefit that I can think of. The only possible reason I can see for this is Disney not wanting to G+ to cannibalize the convenience VIP tours provide, but G+ and VIP are already so many miles apart, I doubt that's it.
It's literally the old paper FastPass, just on your phone, which people BEGGED for. All anyone did was complain about FP+.

Waters Back Side

It's literally the old paper FastPass, just on your phone, which people BEGGED for. All anyone did was complain about FP+.

A lot of people loved and praised FP+ also. I dont mind next available if they do it in a way where you have a chance to get better rides later in the day. The genie + promises better flexibility. Last see if it lives up to that.

RSoxNo1

That's why for me, this new service is a C.

I'd call Fastpass+ a D/F. I absolutely benefited from the system (as I'm sure most on here did), but I hated the pre-planning aspect.
I'd call MaxPass and legacy Fastpass a B for different reasons.
An A would be MaxPass system without a dollar figure attached to it.

runnsally

I think the Maxpass style Genie+ is more amenable to the just-in-time touring plan Disney is theoretically trying to create. The head-scratcher is opening up genie+ at 7am and/or before you are actually in the park - especially as this is not (at least for now) an on-site guest only feature.

DisneyDodo

There were a lot of aspects to FP+ people complained about, but the flexibility to choose your reservation time was not one of them. Paper FPs had to be simple because they relied on kiosks that guests had to share - there's no reason they can't add more optionality to an app on your personal phone.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A lot of people loved and praised FP+ also. I dont mind next available if they do it in a way where you have a chance to get better rides later in the day. The genie + promises better flexibility. Last see if it lives up to that.

Why wouldn't you have a chance to get better rides later in the day?

Last edited by a moderator:

cslafferty

Haven’t done a BG since park reservations became a thing - do you need a park reservation for that park if your BG is later in the day, or can you park hop there?

runnsally

From a marketing standpoint, Disney would have been a lot better off heralding this as the popular DL Maxpass system comes to WDW AND it’s 5 dollars cheaper with the caveat that a handful of headliners cost extra.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom