Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

DCLcruiser

This might be confusing if the "Tier 1" rides change. So a "Tier 1" v. "Tier 2" nomenclature could get messy.
I didn't mean for Tier to be branding. I was just using a general term. I would imagine that as new rides come out, or as rides become more popular based on a new movie, or just how guests are moving around the parks, they would move up and down the tiers.

Example:

Imagine this new system already existed:

Jungle Cruise

May 2021 - Tier 2
Aug 2021 - Tier 1 (After the movie came out)
Sep 2021 - Tier 2
Dec 2021 - Tier 1 (Jingle Cruise)

Last edited:

ctrlaltdel

I do think it’s being overstated how much more stressful it will be. Seems relatively simple in practice, assuming the UI is decent (may be a big assumption). Unless you are actually using Genie as a guide to where you should go next, it really shouldn’t be that more time on the phone then before, other than when you are making your next LL selection (which was similar to before anyways when looking for extra FP+). At most, you wake up early-ish, make a free LL selection, and then pay for 2 more and you’re set for a few hours.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I do think it’s being overstated how much more stressful it will be. Seems relatively simple in practice, assuming the UI is decent (may be a big assumption). Unless you are actually using Genie as a guide to where you should go next, it really shouldn’t be that more time on the phone then before, other than when you are making your next LL selection (which was similar to before anyways when looking for extra FP+). At most, you wake up early-ish, make a free LL selection, and then pay for 2 more and you’re set for a few hours.
When Tron and Guardians are open, it won't even be that early. You might already be on Main Street by 7am.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think that's correct. According to the Disney PR release, Genie+ passes are indeed "next available time," but the individual, pay-per-ride passes are "schedule a time to arrive."

If you notice in the screenshot you posted, Dumbo simply lists "9:55 AM" where Space Mountain lists "Starting at 10:55 AM" - i.e no scheduled times available earlier than 10:55 AM.
Hmm... you're convincing me. Tho, I think it needs confirmation, like the Maxpass reset clock. I'll add it to my Info/FAQ post.

DCLcruiser

So you would spend $15 pp ($75 on my family’s case) to basically ride Navi? Then maybe another $75 to buy safari? So an extra $150 to ride 2 rides?

Makes zero sense.
$15 pp to ride Navi, TTBAB, Dinosaur, KRR, etc. It's $15 to add Fast Pass. I ride every single major ride at DAK in one day.

Waters Back Side

So you would spend $15 pp ($75 on my family’s case) to basically ride Navi? Then maybe another $75 to buy safari? So an extra $150 to ride 2 rides?

Makes zero sense.
Well in fairness the $15 gets you Navi and then other rides after that non stop for the day.

In some cases it's a bargain. In other cases it's a heavy hit.

If you buy Rise at HS you get that plus your family of 5 for 75 dollars gets MFSR, MMRW, Tower of terror and RNRC. If you paid 200 for Rise you just paid 275 dollars for those 5 rides which is cheaper then a VIP tour.

I'm not happy wither that we went from free to paid and I'm eating crown that resort guests do not get any free. But there are still ways to make out despite spending money if you choose.

UNCgolf

Fwiw, everyone is my family is entirely onboard (borderline excited?) for Genie+. And they loathe the individual attractions purchases.

Genie+ itself seems fine; it's basically just MaxPass. The fact that they're sectioning off the top attractions for an additional charge sucks, though (and hurts the value of Genie+), and the 7 AM start time for getting one just doesn't make a lot of sense. I know it's not an issue for some people, but it is for others -- it favors early risers the same way opening them up at 1 AM would favor people who stay up late -- and I can't really think of a good reason to set it at that time.

dreday3

I don't think that's correct. According to the Disney PR release, Genie+ passes are indeed "next available time," but the individual, pay-per-ride passes are "schedule a time to arrive."

If you notice in the screenshot you posted, Dumbo simply lists "9:55 AM" where Space Mountain lists "Starting at 10:55 AM" - i.e no scheduled times available earlier than 10:55 AM.

Hmm... you're convincing me. Tho, I think it needs confirmation, like the Maxpass reset clock. I'll add it to my Info/FAQ post.

Arrival day Rat ride back on the table!!! :D (possibly) (and still have to see if they allow booking at 7 am on check-in day)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Genie+ itself seems fine; it's basically just MaxPass. The fact that they're sectioning off the top attractions for an additional charge sucks, though (and hurts the value of Genie+), and the 7 AM start time for getting one just doesn't make a lot of sense. I know it's not an issue for some people, but it is for others -- it favors early risers the same way opening them up at 1 AM would favor people who stay up late -- and I can't really think of a good reason to set it at that time.
They should let you book it well in advance of your trip, to take some stress out of your morning. Maybe 60 days or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom