Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thanks, WRT A) the posts I did get though, people seemed to have been indicating that pretty "matter of fact" so I thought I missed something.
It's a valid assumption since everything so far seems to indicate that at DL, the system will mirror their Maxpass.

But, the countdown clock could be taken away. Waiting for confirmation.

Padraig

So they’ve made it such that staying on property is essentially a prerequisite to ride ROTR and Rat.
I keep on seeing Rat cited as the example that people will be paying LL+ for. And I just can’t help but wonder how those people will react to it. If it’s a one to one clone of Paris then I’d be extremely disappointed to have a spent a single cent extra. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not bad, but it certainly ain’t great either. It’s kinda a 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

dreday3

Correct.

So far.

The current pandemic parameters have not had any announced changes.

I don't think they would charge a fee to book a restaurant in advance....would they?

Oh no, that will probably be the resort perk. :oops: You can book restaurants at 60 days with no fees, but off-site will have to pay a fee to book that early.

SamusAranX

The aggregate benefit of FastPass was that it pushed people towards attractions that might otherwise run partially empty. If Genie is effective in that regard, it should help overall wait times. This should be true of Genie's "smart itinerary" feature, regardless of G+/LL.
It might help, but only so much. It’s a band aid (shifting around guests) when Disney needs a full operation (increased overall capacity through multiple new attractions)

TalkingHead

No.

Joining the BG/VQ 'lottery' is still 'free' to all guests at 7 AM.

*Purchasing* an entry to Rat or RotR costs money. And on-site guests get a jump on the chance to *buy* access to these two rides.
It's likely they'll dramatically reduce the amount of spots for the virtual queue, effectively making those rides (or Rise, at least) a pay-to-ride situation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was that mentioned in the literature Disney posted?
No. Nothing was mentioned about dining reservations except how Genie (without the plus) can help you make reservations and mobile orders and get you on a standby list for restaurants (which is a huge boon, since, without that info on the app, how would you find a 'full' restuarant with the shortest wait list?).

dreday3

Yep.
Disney was never meant to be the “luxury vacation”. In a time now passed, Walt Disney wanted it to be accessible to the average family.
It might still be, but only if you save for years, or go into debt. And that’s not even mentioning that argument that what you pay doesn’t equal what you get in value now

I mean, really though, any vacation is a "luxury" for people who can't afford one. I know and work with many people who can't afford to take any vacations. I consider going on vacation to anywhere a luxury that I am very lucky to be able to afford.

*not saying above to mean no one should complain if you are unhappy, of course you should.

SamusAranX

I mean, really though, any vacation is a "luxury" for people who can't afford one. I know and work with many people who can't afford to take any vacations.

*not saying above to mean no one should complain if you are unhappy, of course you should.
If you want to use the definition of “not needed” yeah, vacations are all “luxury”.

But there are many affordable options now that give your more bang for your buck, or some that meet or slightly exceeds the cost of WDW, but delivers way more in terms of value.

dreday3

If you want to use the definition of “not needed” yeah, vacations are all “luxury”.

But there are many affordable options now that give your more bang for your buck, or some that meet or slightly exceeds the cost of WDW, but delivers way more in terms of value.

Yes, that's the meaning I was using.

I agree, you can definitely get more bang for your buck at other destinations. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom